oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

I'm happy with Grant Hall. Typical Warnock signing, knows the league, captain for QPR and strong in the air.

Finalise Gibbo now and that's our two first choice CBs sorted.

Finalise, sounds like there has been some movement? 

4 hours ago, Brunners said:

Genuine question - not trying to have a dig, just genuinely curious.

Who was the last player we signed that you were genuinely happy about? Has there ever been one?

Can we all do this, and can you start a thread for it?  Can I say more than one person, can we just name players we expected to be good before they arrived who didn't let us down?

4 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Can we all do this, and can you start a thread for it?  Can I say more than one person, can we just name players we expected to be good before they arrived who didn't let us down?

Feel free mate 🙂 Take the idea and run with it.

Still hoping for pace and width, bit of creativity.

Been waiting a long time for this though so what's another transfer window!

19 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Well the gazette mention creative midfielder and width so 🤞. They also mention attack and another CB. Dont see any mention of a Left back though.

58 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Finalise, sounds like there has been some movement?

Gibbo was pretty much sorted before Woody got the boot... whether it will go through now is up to Warnock, I guess.

Just now, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Gibbo was pretty much sorted before Woody got the boot... whether it will go through now is up to Warnock, I guess.

Loan or perm?

Always think its a good sign when you bring in another sides captain. Implies they have qualities off the pitch too. And we definitely need some more  leaders. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Was gibbo still training with us when warnock came?  Surely it must, experienced center back, leader, club at heart

5 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Yeah, was gonna say, he's apparently turned down £12k at QPR and what, he's gonna accept that or less here? No chance.

Late to the party here, but didn’t that information state that he demanded 12k at qpr but they offered less. He may have seen that he can’t demand that and accepted 10k here. 

3 minutes ago, scotty189 said:

Was gibbo still training with us when warnock came?  Surely it must, experienced center back, leader, club at heart

Warnock told him to go back as h couldn’t use him for the run in anyway. 

1 hour ago, TheJew said:

last time we had this it was Carayal and adomah in the 13/14 window and they both went on to get 20 goals between them in their first season before an injury ruined carayol.  

Edited by tmcc
  • Like 2

36 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Season loan with a view to permanent

Will likely still take weeks to get over the line what with the whole "in Croatia - 14 day self isolation upon return" thing he has to go through now.