oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I play in a 6 aside league on Mondays at Sports Village, about 2 years ago my team were a man short and (bizarrely) Walker was down there and offered to play for us. He’d have been 18 at the time 

Looked brilliant at the time, although he was playing against mainly average players obviously. Got to question why he was down at SV in the first place, I imagine the club wouldn’t have approved due to risk of injury etc 

Edited by BoroBoy1989
  • Like 1

I've known of Richie Smallwood doing the same thing in "Dormo"

That was probably before he went to the club after the game

Dimi used to regularly play outfield in 5-a-side whilst being an important part of Karanka's promotion winning team 👀

8 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Dimi used to regularly play outfield in 5-a-side whilst being an important part of Karanka's promotion winning team 👀

I can forgive the Greek lothario for that, I can picture him doing his best Jan Koller impression at Soccer Sensations no problem 

2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

This honestly isn't meant as a dig, but didn't you and your brother say the same about Tav not long ago?  Is it possible that the information you were getting wasn't entirely accurate?  I know nothing about Walker, so he could be a complete nobhead for all I know, but it's also possible that the information you get passed to you holds a certain amount of bias?

Put it this way, I'm going to believe the person who played alongside him for a number of years regarding his attitude rather than what people think they know from a Oneboro forum 👍

If people don't want to believe that from a former team mate of his, then that's fine.

Obviously people grow up and perform for better managers of course.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Put it this way, I'm going to believe the person who played alongside him for a number of years regarding his attitude rather than what people think they know from a Oneboro forum 👍

If people don't want to believe that from a former team mate of his, then that's fine.

Obviously people grow up and perform for better managers of course.

That's cool.  Was it you that said about Tavernier or have I imagined that?

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

That's cool.  Was it you that said about Tavernier or have I imagined that?

No you are right, it came from me and was supported by another member on here (not my brother), but his information came from the same player at the time.

Like I say, players grow up, perform for better managers so it would be no surprise to me if he was complete polar opposite to what he was like under Pulis.  And tbh I am glad as Tavernier is really performing under Warnock and it's nice to see him showcasing his potential we all knew he had.

Everyone knows that I am in a minority of supporting Pulis time at the club, but we all know his training was boring for the players which could easily have contributed to some attitudes. 

Just now, diggerlad07 said:

No you are right, it came from me and was supported by another member on here (not my brother), but his information came from the same player at the time.

Like I say, players grow up, perform for better managers so it would be no surprise to me if he was complete polar opposite to what he was like under Pulis.  And tbh I am glad as Tavernier is really performing under Warnock and it's nice to see him showcasing his potential we all knew he had.

Everyone knows that I am in a minority of supporting Pulis time at the club, but we all know his training was boring for the players which could easily have contributed to some attitudes. 

Ah well, sorry then DZ, I assumed it was you who had said it as well but I was wrong 👍🤗

21 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Ah well, sorry then DZ, I assumed it was you who had said it as well but I was wrong 👍🤗

james blake inbetweeners GIF

48 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Bend Over GIF by memecandy

• Haha 1

I doubt it's rare that young footballers are seen as a bit of a *** by their peers or even by coaches, it doesn't necessarily mean he's not gonna make it though especially if the talent is there

An arrogant attitude is necessary for some player to get themselves mentally ready and many will then grow out of it, others like Joey Barton continue with it but arguably it helped him on the pitch

2 hours ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If he’s going by plane, he’ll probably miss it. 

I heard he participated in WBL (World's Biggest Loser) and came second!