oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-wants-sign-duncan-19200149.amp?__twitter_impression=true

My worry with Watmore is he broke out primarily because of his raw pace and speed when dribbling but with those horrific knee injuries what is left in his legs?

Saying that beggars can't be choosers and have no issue with us giving him a 1 year deal if Warnock thinks he can contribute.

Just now, Jamie-H said:

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/neil-warnock-wants-sign-duncan-19200149.amp?__twitter_impression=true

My worry with Watmore is he broke out primarily because of his raw pace and speed when dribbling but with those horrific knee injuries what is left in his legs?

Saying that beggars can't be choosers and have no issue with us giving him a 1 year deal if Warnock thinks he can contribute.

I don't imagine his wages will be particularly high either. I can see the logic in this.

mackem mate said watmore is fast but a headless chicken when dribbling and not champo standard.

13 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

mackem mate said watmore is fast but a headless chicken when dribbling and not champo standard.

Your mate is a mackem which automatically makes him clueless on all football related matters. Haha.

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Your mate is a mackem which automatically makes him clueless on all football related matters. Haha.

well he has just said they are going up this season. i said we have more chance of going up. he called me delusional. they have proper blinkers the mackems dont they.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Donnyboro said:

Not champ standard but stood out in the prem 😂😂😂

its hard to stand out in a team of 11 individuals likes they've had for a good few years now, but he did okay when bfs was gaffa. if warnock and the coaching staff are happy with him. i'm happy. 

12 minutes ago, Donnyboro said:

Not champ standard but stood out in the prem 😂😂😂

To be fair hes had two big injuries since then. He looked a prospect in the prem but that was a while ago.

It’d be hard for anyone to impress in the sunderland team for last 3 years but he’s obviously got something about him

He looked Jamie Vardyish when he burst on the scene. Ig hes lost that pace he might struggle but in Warnock we trust.

I was at the stadium of light when we beat Sunderland in the Premier league and I was really impressed with Watmore that day. 

Obviously the injuries have hampered him, I wonder if maybe he's never fully recovered from them. 

Still, there's no harm in having a look at him. 

Yeah I thought he had a bit of promise a few years back.  Terrible luck with the injuries, like a few of our lot a while back - McMahon and Bates in particular.