oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Jordan Jones suspended by Rangers for breaching Covid protocols, that's probably him out of their plans again.

11 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

I would rather give Wood chance than sign him. As the trouble is we are a young squad we don't want a arrogant player coming in who thinks they are above us. 

I’m not saying you’re wrong but that’s a bold assumption I’ve never heard anything about Jones having an attitude problem but knowing how threadbare or squad is a utility player of his standard would be a brilliant acquisition. 
However I still don’t think it would ever happen 

I would think that there is zero odds of us signing Phil Jones due to his wages alone. The below article confirms that Clubs outside of the Premiership spending big bucks any time soon is unlikely or stupidly ridiculous, unless of course its one of the usual suspects. NW's general comments on signings I think reflect the reality of Football life rather than him not being backed by SG in the transfer market.

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-gibson-calls-urgent-help-19205604

• Like 1

Solskjaer will be sacked before january and Jones will stay to try and impress the new manager. 

• Like 1

Watmore to be offered a contract until January after the international break. 

Probably get a longer deal when we sell Spence.

20 minutes ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

Watmore to be offered a contract until January after the international break. 

Probably get a longer deal when we sell Spence.

That's good news and if NW is happy then we should be as well.

And as for Spence, if things are going well why would he want to leave, see the job through!

1 hour ago, Downsouth said:

And as for Spence, if things are going well why would he want to leave, see the job through!

It might not be just about football.  I think if we get bids for any player they will be under pressure to leave.

• Like 1

If Traore can be improved by Pulis, there is a chance that Spence can be improved by proper coaches, still early days for him, up to the lad to work on his game but if his confidence gets boosted, then still plenty of time, l know he is frustrating at times, but he is still only 20... and if anybody is going to be poached this season, my money would be on Patrick James Coleman McNair. Sheffield United have a few Irish lads and Lundstram is stalling on his contract....  so how much do you think he will go for? 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Borodane said:

Solskjaer will be sacked before january and Jones will stay to try and impress the new manager. 

If United's European results start going south, he'll be gone before the end of November.
Or if United qualify from the group and the results domestically are still poor they give him the chop. 
Poch will replace him in my opinion.

1 hour ago, GrimsbyBoro said:

It might not be just about football.  I think if we get bids for any player they will be under pressure to leave.

You maybe right but I am adopting  a positive attitude why leave a club that is on the up!

2 hours ago, Old Codger said:

If Traore can be improved by Pulis, there is a chance that Spence can be improved by proper coaches, still early days for him, up to the lad to work on his game but if his confidence gets boosted, then still plenty of time, l know he is frustrating at times, but he is still only 20... and if anybody is going to be poached this season, my money would be on Patrick James Coleman McNair. Sheffield United have a few Irish lads and Lundstram is stalling on his contract....  so how much do you think he will go for? 

He would be a tough sell the way he is playing right now wouldn't he? We would need a large bid and a replacement before letting him go right?

Based on our recruitment over the last few years if I was Warnock I would want people signed sealed and delivered before selling anyone. 

Not realistic I know.

Edited by GrimsbyBoro
Speeling mustook

8 hours ago, Downsouth said:

I would definitely take Watmore as an option off the bench. Think he could be useful to bring on around the 70th minute to cause problems with his energy and work rate, especially if we are winning. He could be dangerous on the counter and could keep the ball late in the game to run down the clock (hardly exciting, but could be very effective) 

• Like 1