oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

The fact that we’ve been delaying it - Warnock said he wanted him but was delaying it until after the international break, suggests every penny is being counted. The strange thing is that If we are trying to save a couple of weeks wages with Watmore, it suggests we won’t have any significant money to spend in January, yet we were supposedly so close to signing Bolasie. Be interesting to see whether this contract for Watmore, if it materializes, is until January window only or for season.

I was told it was until January and essential pay as you play. 

3 minutes ago, ScarBoro said:

The fact that we’ve been delaying it - Warnock said he wanted him but was delaying it until after the international break, suggests every penny is being counted. The strange thing is that If we are trying to save a couple of weeks wages with Watmore, it suggests we won’t have any significant money to spend in January, yet we were supposedly so close to signing Bolasie. Be interesting to see whether this contract for Watmore, if it materializes, is until January window only or for season.

Or maybe the club was genuinely worried about his contribution as he's an injury prone player that last got any match practice over 8 months ago. In a perfect world they would have liked a few extra weeks of hard training before offering a contract but have now been pressed to make a decision.

11 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Indeed we have, but he is a good player to have for rotation. We are never going to be able to field the same 11 every game so I'd rather have him for rotation than Ste Walker. Just because he hasn't contributed directly with a goal or assist it doesn't mean that the rotation isn't working nicely as it will allow us to rest others while putting a decent player on the pitch.

Certainly he helps with rotation but he also needs to have an impact on the games otherwise he's just somebody taking up a place.  He's obviously a talented lad but I hope the stop start season he's having doesn't mean he's unable to get into the flow of the season.

There may even be insurance issues and who foots the bill for what especially if it a pay as you play as the lad will be wanting and needing some sort of cover for a worst case scenario. The length of contract and the type would all muddy the waters I would think on getting adequate cover.

8 hours ago, Changing Times said:

Is it working nicely?  Has he had much impact on the season really?  He's looked bright at times in both the games he played but he came off before we went ahead against Coventry and against Bristol City we were given our goal.  The team has been getting results without him as much as with him if we are looking at it critically.

That is a fair point. Maybe I would not look at it so positively if we were not doing well.

Expected him to start tonight. Maybe NW thinking of starting him v Brentford along with Akpom.

38 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

His favourite colour is cerise.

You are fake news.

My sources are telling me it is, in fact, Mauve.

Edited by Smogzilla

1 minute ago, Smogzilla said:

You are fake news.

My sources are tell me it is, in fact, Mauve.

I'll see you in The Supreme Court 🖕

• Haha 2

Is there any truth in the rumour that Trump originally nominated Diana Ross for the Supreme Court before someone explained that she had to be a qualified judge?

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Old Codger said:

Is there any truth in the rumour that Trump originally nominated Diana Ross for the Supreme Court before someone explained that she had to be a qualified judge?

Don't laugh about that ***... I've got to live here... What a mess lol

3 hours ago, Brunners said:

https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/sport/18850092.middlesbrough-considering-moves-kamil-grosicki-yannick-bolasie/

Northern Echo says we are considering Bolasie again & Grosicki in January.

I would have thought that Grosicki will be on his way to Forest in January as their 64th signing of the season. He would be a good signing, but I think it’s more likely to be Bolasie if anyone. 

I would also prefer Bolasie over Grosicki purely on basis former style of play suits us more in terms of how we try to attack teams.

If we can set up with him and Roberts in a 4.3.3 in some games i feel they would compliment each other better than Roberts and Grosicki