oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

8 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Will likely still take weeks to get over the line what with the whole "in Croatia - 14 day self isolation upon return" thing he has to go through now.

Weeks? That is optimistic my friend. We will probably still be discussing if he coming on 5th October...

• Haha 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

36 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

Weeks? That is optimistic my friend. We will probably still be discussing if he coming on 5th October...

Think you spelled ‘definitely’ wrong mate 😂 

• Haha 1

Did Grant hall play in any of QPR's nine games since the season restarted after lock down.

Just trying to gauge where he might be in terms of match fitness.

1 hour ago, Z3man said:

Did Grant hall play in any of QPR's nine games since the season restarted after lock down.

Was he one of those out of contract players who didn't sign an extension? 

10 hours ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Can we all do this, and can you start a thread for it?  Can I say more than one person, can we just name players we expected to be good before they arrived who didn't let us down?

Lee Dong Gook an absolute beast on the attack...had me in stitches

14 hours ago, Tiendali said:

I'm gunna ask my neighbours, brothers, best mates, uncles, barber who once saw Steve Gibsons daughter on a night out if he knows.

Welcome to the forum btw!

13 hours ago, Changing Times said:

To post something positive about the signing, it does make complete sense.  It's a defender of the type Warnock would want and by the sounds of it the type of character Warnock would want.  That's an improvement on some of our business over the past couple of years, where you couldn't really see much logic to what we were doing 👍

Very well said CT and suggests an observation recently made that we should all know what to expect from Boro moving ahead.

There maybe a few "groans" about certain transfer activity but the underlining feeling is that Warnock will get the Boro going in the right direction which I can certainly live with due to the fact that we will witness stability and a style of play far far better than we witnessed of late.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Foogle said:

Was he one of those out of contract players who didn't sign an extension? 

8 hours ago, Z3man said:

I think you might be correct.

If that's the case then he won't have played since March.

Warnock was never my ideal manager but I do have trust in him at this level. 

If he has free reign in the transfer market without the chairman interfering then I expect us to get the experienced and battle hardened players that he wants.

We might not be the best team to watch but I think he'll have us somewhere close to the playoffs next season. 

Hall sounds like he'll be a decent signing from what I've read about him. 

• Like 1

QPRs record after the restart was pretty shocking. And Hall didn't play in any games.

I'd expect him to be back in training now to get to the right level of fitness.

On a slightly different note,I'm gobsmacked the players have been allowed to go overseas on holiday. Training will start in a week or two and most will have to quarantine. 

And I'm sure Warnock will be pleased to see them sat in bars knee deep in bottles of vodka and beer bottles. Not a good look for footballers in 2020.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, edinboro said:

QPRs record after the restart was pretty shocking. And Hall didn't play in any games.

I'd expect him to be back in training now to get to the right level of fitness.

On a slightly different note,I'm gobsmacked the players have been allowed to go overseas on holiday. Training will start in a week or two and most will have to quarantine. 

And I'm sure Warnock will be pleased to see them sat in bars knee deep in bottles of vodka and beer bottles. Not a good look for footballers in 2020.

True, and you would hope most of them haVe been sensible and looked at bigger picture. Don’t think you can stop them however as you suggest? They are like any employee with a contract, and I can’t see a contract having clauses banning you from a foreign holiday. To be fair to them, even if they earn a lot, having booked a holiday they won’t want to just lose the money - and a lot of the place now requiring quarantine had a lower infection rate than England a week or two ago, so many players won’t have seen a risk.

14 hours ago, Changing Times said:

To post something positive about the signing, it does make complete sense.  It's a defender of the type Warnock would want and by the sounds of it the type of character Warnock would want.  That's an improvement on some of our business over the past couple of years, where you couldn't really see much logic to what we were doing 👍

Yep, I think even if you're not overly excited by the Warnock appointment one thing you expect is a plan from him. 

If the current situation in the world dictates that most clubs are simply trying to survive over the next 12 months then we probably have the right manager. He's experienced at working with tight budgets and getting the best out of players. 

The trade off is that our style might not be the most pleasing on the eye but I was happy with Pulis initially and would have sacrificed our style under him for promotion. Hopefully Warnock's football will be a bit more positive than Pulis' was, actually I can't imagine anything being that negative. 

Will be interesting to see if there is a 2 week lull in signings due to players all having jetted off. As most seem to be in areas that now need to stay at home on return, could have an impact on things.

Championship squads next season are going to be very interesting. 

Transfermark has Rhodes out of contract. I'm probably alone but I do really like him. If he is left to roam the 18 yard box he is really effective.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)