oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Someone is going to have to explain it then because I’m baffled 😯 

Radio caller asking why Antti Niemmi hadn't been capped for Scotland, the pundit replied that it's because he was Finnish, the caller said "He's no finished, he's only 28".

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TAPOUT said:

I see very little benefit to Boro if the deal is Gibson for Fry + cash. The squad would be no stronger as we are trading a CB for a CB. The cash we get in addition would not go as far unlike a cash only deal. Burnley would have an asset from us who they have a chance of recouping their investment at least, due to his age, whilst we have someone who will probably not have a significant resale value. I did like Gibson as a CB mind. 

I liked him alongside Ayala under AK but was unimpressed with him under Agnew etc. Seemed to need the cover in front of him. I think his wages etc would be better of spent elsewhere. 

I can see the fry Gibbo swap deal happening.

If we can swap Fry for Gibson we should snap their hands off. I really struggle to believe a Prem team will be interested in Fry. A year older and worse than last summer. I can’t see him becoming a Prem defender. 

I keep reading about how and should we rebuild in the summer, but what is scary is that the summer transfer window may only have a gap of 4-6weeks before the new season restarts which is very daunting.

The transfer window is going to be extended obviously but we could be in a situation where we are still putting building blocks in place when the season has already begun.

On top of that, if Warnock stays which I think will happen providing we stay up, he will buy Warnock type players. That's all well and good but when he retires the following season then we are back to square one having players which suited a certain manager.

For me, we need a 'in the middle' appointment where we can put down foundations for the next 3/4 seasons. In the middle meaning not overly experienced like Pulis/Warnock who we will only get a year out of but not overly inexperienced either where they have only had a few good seasons.

Someone like Nigel Pearson.

1 minute ago, diggerlad07 said:

I keep reading about how and should we rebuild in the summer, but what is scary is that the summer transfer window may only have a gap of 4-6weeks before the new season restarts which is very daunting.

I assume we'll already have our targets chosen 😱

Just now, Changing Times said:

I assume we'll already have our targets chosen 😱

You would hope so, but I believe the restructure will include role-playing staff like scouts, data analysts and sports scientists. 

To be fair, how many transfers actually happen in june and even early July? A lot of the early part of the transfer window is spent putting in derisory offers, testing the waters. I think things will move a lot quicker with a shorter transfer window.

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

You would hope so, but I believe the restructure will include role-playing staff like scouts, data analysts and sports scientists. 

Did all of the previous ones? 🙂

I apologise for my simplicity in the way what I think should happen but I’m still a bit peed off about today 

Outs 

Starting 11

Subs

Rest of the squad 22

Maureen the tea lady

Ins

Jossies Giants (but ditch the black and white kit) 

46 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

That's all well and good but when he retires the following season then we are back to square one having players which suited a certain manager.

That's only really a problem if you then jump to a completely different type of manager. Imagine we had gone Karanka to a Pulis or Warnock. You don't then have the roots and branches changes that is happening at the moment. 

44 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Haven't the club been banging on about the scouting system, the databases and the moneyball system since Mowbray was here.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)