oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Just now, tmcc said:

please point out what you disagree with/ is so funny, iv already corrected the assombalonga all time scorer mistake as i meant since the premier league era/ turn of century).

okay will do.

Fletcher (showcased his talent this season)

for two season couldnt trap a ball and he cost 6 million terrible.

Assombalonga (Clubs all time top scorer now) 

15mill for britt 😄 😄 

Braithwaite (went on to barncelona and is now tipped for a move to the prem)

This fraud of a person cannot be described as a decent signing ever. disgraceful the way he treated the club and the clear lack of effort was there for everyone to see.

Howson (been one the few bit of quality of last few season) 

5 mill for another midfielder plodder we had several at the time. waste of money.

Randoloph (easily championships best keeper when had him),

I LIKED RANDY good signing.

Shotton (solid defender), Solid in about 10%  of the games the others he'd trip over the ball and give strikers free chances every time. shocking defender and terrible signing.

Christe (played well and got a move to a bigger club) probably the most naive fullback i've seen defensively and i'm including johnson the winger in that assessment. as for moving to a bigger club. fulham really? and he barely played sooooo. 

I thought you were being sarcastic until i read the other comments, i realised afterwards you were serious. i wouldnt have posted. but come on. take the rose tinted off eh.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:

Can't get rid of the quote box. Not even trying to quote anyone... 🙈 

But if we were to sell Fry I hope we put a good sell on clause. 

just press the reply button to post.

3 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

But it's going to be such a long list man, we were just prepared to pay £2m and probably 10-20k a week for Moore and still would've needed 5-6 players so we do have a little bit of money. Be over a hundred players better than Jordan Jones with that sort of budget. 

Here's 3 from 1 club to kickstart the list, Oliver Burke/Kamil Grosicki/Jonathan Leko all from West brom potential loans 

i agree we do have some money, but my point is proven championship players cost way more than 2 million, loan signings are abit different may be an  avenue to explore but you cant just rely on loan signings we need to sign people. And as iv stated before a proven championship player in most positions are upwards of a 4-5 mil, (wigan players dont come into this as they are having a fire sale due to administrations). 
Also looking at the 3 names you mentioned, i dont realsitically see us getting oliver bourke, Grosicki is 32 so no longevity there, and Leko is still far from a proven talent in any sense of the word. basically, not only being unrealistic, these signings would also prove to be just as risky as jones and windass IMO. 

3 minutes ago, tmcc said:

i agree we do have some money, but my point is proven championship players cost way more than 2 million, loan signings are abit different may be an  avenue to explore but you cant just rely on loan signings we need to sign people. And as iv stated before a proven championship player in most positions are upwards of a 4-5 mil, (wigan players dont come into this as they are having a fire sale due to administrations). 
Also looking at the 3 names you mentioned, i dont realsitically see us getting oliver bourke, Grosicki is 32 so no longevity there, and Leko is still far from a proven talent in any sense of the word. basically, not only being unrealistic, these signings would also prove to be just as risky as jones and windass IMO. 

That's just picking 1 club, all 3 are better players and Leko in his half a season just gone equalled Jordan Jones' best ever return in terms of Goals + Assists but in a better league. 

Jones isn't a risky signing we just know all too well what we're going to get, a bottom end championship/league one level player and we already have Marcus Browne for that who's 4 years younger. I'm hoping it's just lazy journalism because didn't Warnock want assurances over transfers, money, etc

6 minutes ago, Dynamo Kev said:

okay will do.

Fletcher (showcased his talent this season)

for two season couldnt trap a ball and he cost 6 million terrible.

Assombalonga (Clubs all time top scorer now) 

15mill for britt 😄 😄 

Braithwaite (went on to barncelona and is now tipped for a move to the prem)

This fraud of a person cannot be described as a decent signing ever. disgraceful the way he treated the club and the clear lack of effort was there for everyone to see.

Howson (been one the few bit of quality of last few season) 

5 mill for another midfielder plodder we had several at the time. waste of money.

Randoloph (easily championships best keeper when had him),

I LIKED RANDY good signing.

Shotton (solid defender), Solid in about 10%  of the games the others he'd trip over the ball and give strikers free chances every time. shocking defender and terrible signing.

Christe (played well and got a move to a bigger club) probably the most naive fullback i've seen defensively and i'm including johnson the winger in that assessment. as for moving to a bigger club. fulham really? and he barely played sooooo. 

I thought you were being sarcastic until i read the other comments, i realised afterwards you were serious. i wouldnt have posted. but come on. take the rose tinted off eh.

Your main point from this is that we overpaid for these players which if you read my post i never denied and actually pointed out, the point i made is that they were decent signings for this level and i still say to deny that is absurd.
Also your points on Christe howson and braithewaite are just wrong on so many levels, Christe went up a level after playing for us and is far better than anyone in the current squad and im sure most fans would have him back in heartbeat. Howson hasnt got the goals he promised but denying hes been decent for us is just daft. And your point on braithwaite is a personal one and not based on his footballing ability, i agree hes a ***, but he was still a good footballer and thats usually the rational we use to sign players. 

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Dan1234 said:

Probably not but hes done absolutely sweet fa at Bournemouth. He certainly wont have any prem teams after him. If hes coming to the championship he may have to be realistic with his demands. Signing a contract as a promising youngster after a big money move is a much stronger position than a relegated sides reject who hasn't played for 2 years. 

I know what you're saying but realistic demands together with footballers feels like an oxymoron 🙂

16 minutes ago, Johnmfc81 said:
19 hours ago, TheJew said:

I like eating my bogies

Can't get rid of the quote box. Not even trying to quote anyone... 🙈 

Just add something into it then to at least make it interesting.

• Haha 2
31 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Lopes from Hull

see i dont get this you dismiss jones and windass and then your proposal is Lopes from hull. i would argue that hes even more of a risk than the other two based of the fact that one hes never really set the world alight in that he's played 142 games and scored 5 goals, he only scored twice last season. do we need another winger who cant score?
Also how much is gonna cost? wigan paid 1.5 million and Hull paid even more than that ,so it stands to reason they may want at least a few million for him. 
I dont doubt that he may be good player and come good but as i pointed out above he constitutes more of a risk and in our current position i dont think we can take such risks. 

Edited by tmcc
13 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

That's just picking 1 club, all 3 are better players and Leko in his half a season just gone equalled Jordan Jones' best ever return in terms of Goals + Assists but in a better league. 

Jones isn't a risky signing we just know all too well what we're going to get, a bottom end championship/league one level player and we already have Marcus Browne for that who's 4 years younger. I'm hoping it's just lazy journalism because didn't Warnock want assurances over transfers, money, etc

its easy to name players who are better than those we are after, but name players we actually have a realistic chance of signing is harder and actually what im asking.  also on the Leko point, hes a striker so its to be expected that a better goal ratio that jones who is a winger...

9 minutes ago, tmcc said:

Your main point from this is that we overpaid for these players which if you read my post i never denied and actually pointed out, the point i made is that they were decent signings for this level and i still say to deny that is absurd.
Also your points on Christe howson and braithewaite are just wrong on so many levels, Christe went up a level after playing for us and is far better than anyone in the current squad and im sure most fans would have him back in heartbeat. Howson hasnt got the goals he promised but denying hes been decent for us is just daft. And your point on braithwaite is a personal one and not based on his footballing ability, i agree hes a ***, but he was still a good footballer and thats usually the rational we use to sign players. 

so what your saying is monk signed loads of decent players for this level right? so why are will still in this division if monks signings were so good.  you have your opinion that great. but its an opinion which is actually quite far from the truth. the truth is monk's signings were all ***. and its the reason we have been struggling since.  

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)