oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

26 minutes ago, mj south said:

in all honesty I'd rather them both go, I think either offer very little in midfield along with Howson

I'm with you on this, McNair started the season well but soon faded, and hasn't  offered a lot after the break under a new manager. Saville I've never been fussed on ( nothing to do with the fee we paid )I just don't know what his qualities are, not a great passer, doesn't score many goals, not a great ball winner, one season wonder at Millwall with 10 goals, well below average performer for us. Take what we can and clear them out.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 hours ago, mendieta420 said:

Warnock is apparently controlling transfers.. if he wants Jones give him Jones.

Then it seems a little weird, to me at least, that we are being linked with the same names again.

• Like 2

Was told this morning we are in talks with Wolves about trying to get a young centre back on loan. 

Apparently they think he's going to be one of the best centre backs in the country in a couple of years so it would be a pretty big signing if we could get it done. 

I don’t want to sell Saville. I genuinely think he’s been our most consistent good player the second half of the season. Even before the lockdown he was putting in good performances week in week out. I honestly can’t remember the last time he has a bad game. Just because he doesn’t score a lot and isn’t the most skill full player doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a place in the team. He does his job and wins a lot of balls in the middle and starts play. Speaks volumes that every manager has opted him over others.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, BegSteeleOrBoro said:

Where is the narrative about Warnock playing negative football is coming from? His goals scored column is pretty reasonable in the championship - it’s awful in the premiership, but he had some crap teams to work with. I actually think that a lot of players would want to play for him - he’s got a reasonable reputation for building hard working teams with good attitudes - and getting promotion. I’d put him in a different league to Pulis and Bruce

i agree with you, its not an opinion i hold but plenty do and thats what worries me. Like i said im worried that players and managers will look at him in the same as pulis due to his age and peoples perceptions of him being old school. 

I’d be glad to see McNair leave. Relegated with Sunderland and then part of relegation zone boro. He has his moments very very rarely, but the amount of negatives, such as his poor delivery and passing outweigh his positives of occasional goal scoring for me. 

3-4 mil I’d be happy with. Anything above is a huge bonus. I’d rather see that money invested into a creative midfielder. 

12 minutes ago, Duvel said:

Was told this morning we are in talks with Wolves about trying to get a young centre back on loan. 

Apparently they think he's going to be one of the best centre backs in the country in a couple of years so it would be a pretty big signing if we could get it done. 

Haven't we already got one of those, that every bugger is apparently keeping an eye on?

Why would we sign a 17 year old CB on loan?

We've already got an 18 year old CB who has played for England at every applicable youth level, who can't get a game even when every CB is injured.

Would be baffling for me.

• Like 2

In my opinion 

Howson >Saville > McNair 

So if Paddy goes I’m more happy with him leaving and keeping Savs and Jonny 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Haven't we already got one of those, that every bugger is apparently keeping an eye on?

Wolves, interestingly enough, are one of the names strongly linked. Maybe there's something of a swap being discussed?

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

Why would we sign a 17 year old CB on loan?

We've already got an 18 year old CB who has played for England youth, who can't get a game even when every CB is injured.

That’s if the post above about the Wolves prospect was true, could be another Wolves defender?

There is interest in Hoorn and Hogg though.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)