oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

36 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Unfortunately you won't hear from sds as he has moved on from the forum due to certain things going on.

Bullied off the forum by his arch-rival, diggerlad.  Shameful 👎

Edited by Changing Times
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

6 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

I think someone said we were talking to Tyler Blacketts representatives. If Johnson signs though that would leave him, Coulson and Bola so maybe overloaded there. Hall came out of the blue.

You forgot Friend.  Johnson, Coulson, Bola and Friend gives us more than enough at left back, just as long as you're not wanting anyone decent to play there, cos Coulson won't be under Warnock, and the rest of them are dross when it comes down to it.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

You forgot Friend.  Johnson, Coulson, Bola and Friend gives us more than enough at left back, just as long as you're not wanting anyone decent to play there, cos Coulson won't be under Warnock, and the rest of them are dross when it comes down to it.

😂 

35 minutes ago, RealSlimSladeyy said:

I think he's just protecting himself. He said the same in his 10am presser, then went on to say that he backs himself to do something special and that he wouldn't be here if he didn't think we could be aiming for a high placed league finish next season. He also regards what he did at Rotherham as a miracle, and called staying up with boro as his toughest ever job. He might call the prospect of promotion next year a miracle, but he also clearly fancies himself as a miracle worker. 

It's a mid-table squad at worst.  There's no miracle required, just some decent signings and decent management.

31 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Yeah I suppose so, but then how many left backs do we need. Isn't the squad imbalanced enough without having a fifth left back. 

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, TAPOUT said:

Yeah I suppose so, but then how many left backs do we need. Isn't the squad imbalanced enough without having a fifth left back. 

We need at least one decent one and I'm not sure we have that with what's available.  Another reason not to extend certain contracts.

“He said, ‘I’ve just come in, I can not push for you. You are the type of player I like, if you stay you will play, I want you to be my striker for the next few games so it’s up to you now’.

Really worried we're going to sink what little money we have in some donkey striker when we have 2 good ones already if Warnock's saying that to Gestede

1 minute ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

“He said, ‘I’ve just come in, I can not push for you. You are the type of player I like, if you stay you will play, I want you to be my striker for the next few games so it’s up to you now’.

Really worried we're going to sink what little money we have in some donkey striker when we have 2 good ones already if Warnock's saying that to Gestede

https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rudy-gestede-explains-talks-play-18714567

It's a pretty interesting read to be fair. If that is the case, yeah...I think we can expect another Gestede style player.

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I thought Warnock said that he told Gestede to bugger off basically?

6 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

To be fair to Warnock he walked into a club on fire his first move can hardly be telling Gestede he should have stuck to gymnastics and book him the first flight to France his man management's all about telling players they're the best around wouldn't look too much into that wasn't long after he cleared him off.

Pretty clear by our pursuit of Moore though that Warnock does want an aerial striker and you can't blame him Fletcher and Britt don't do that part of the game, whatever striker we sign I'd guess 6 foot 2 would be a minimum height requirement I just hope he doesn't go too far down that list like you say there are alot of lampposts out there.

12 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

We need at least one decent one and I'm not sure we have that with what's available.  Another reason not to extend certain contracts.

I presume Warnock doesn't think the alternatives are any better than what we have within budget, which is refreshing, otherwise we will end up with the situation we have in midfield. Plenty of numbers but little quality. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)