oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

24 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I wouldn't mind Mendez-Laing from Cardiff.

Younger and also only has 1 year left on his contract.

Having seeing both Hoilett and Mendez-Laing a lot over the last few years I'd definitely prefer the former, much more consistent and rarely goes missing in games. 

1 hour ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Tom Ince is available on loan apparently.  Worth considering?

Had one good season about 4 or 5 years ago for Derby and has done sod all since, its a no for me

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Z3man said:

If Hoilett signed a new contract when Cardiff got promoted to the PL, he will probably be on far higher wages than we can afford. Plus i would imagine Cardiff will want quite a high fee for him even if he has only got one year of his contract still to run.

I don't think there is much in the story anyway, it is just the Gazette filling pages. The headline says we have identified him as a potential summer signing, all that means is we have written his name down on a list of possible targets.

I don't know about that. The Gazette have broken this story, as far as I'm aware. They're very rarely first with transfer news, and normally only report it and attribute it elsewhere.

The fact that they've confidently announced this link makes me think they have some solid info from somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if it was quite close.

• Like 3

All I could find on his wages was when he initially joined he took a huge cut from his QPR deal and was on 20k per week 17-18, then came promotion signed a new deal consensus seems to be at most he's on 25k a week right now at Cardiff. Their fans seem to value him at around 2 million if that's an indication of Cardiff's stance this seems immensely doable to me?

My guess is we'll offer him less per week than what he's on maybe around 20k and balance that by offering him a 3 year deal, the figures don't seem too crazy for me and like Tom said the Gazette don't pull the trigger on this stuff lightly.

He's got a peach of a right foot would be a great fit roaming around Britt I think he'd be a great signing for us.

If Ince was on loan, and we were only paying a portion of his wage, I'd take him. Ince and Hoilett on either flank would be the most natural width we've seen at the Boro for many years.

Sounds far too costly for our bank account though.

Just now, wilsoncgp said:

I wouldn't touch Ince with a barge pole, personally. Hasn't been good for ages. Give him a chance if he turns up like anyone. But I wouldn't expect much from him.

Archetypal Warnock signing then, aye!?

28 minutes ago, Tom said:

I don't know about that. The Gazette have broken this story, as far as I'm aware. They're very rarely first with transfer news, and normally only report it and attribute it elsewhere.

The fact that they've confidently announced this link makes me think they have some solid info from somewhere. It wouldn't surprise me if it was quite close.

I know what you mean as the Gazette daren't write anything that might upset the club. So they don't usually print anything about transfers like this unless there is something in it.

But it is just that their wording is so non committal and vague when they say "identified as a potential summer singing".

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

If we could manage hoilett on the left and roberts on the right id be very happy to be honest. From what we've had in the last few years thats a massive upgrade.

Stop it NB. Dont get me excited.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)