oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't see the Gazette writing a story about the Gazette deleting a photo.  The actual story would be that Gibson is training with us, which I, incorrectly it seems, assumed that everyone already knew?  That's not really a story, to me anyway.

MFC uploaded training photos today.

A poster on Twitter noticed Gibson in the background of one of the photos, that picture was then mysteriously removed.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Gazette.

The interesting thing is that they're now covering up that he's training with us, not that he's training with us.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

MFC uploaded training photos today.

A poster on Twitter noticed Gibson in the background of one of the photos, that picture was then mysteriously removed.

It has absolutely nothing to do with the Gazette.

Ah sorry mate, I'm getting you now, I haven't been on the club website and I thought the bloody Gazette had deleted some photo 🤦‍♂️ 

If the club did it then it might be out of respect for Burnley, not wanting to antagonise them, that kind of thing?  Cos a deal has yet to be done, if indeed one ever will be.  I could understand the club doing that.  How would we feel if the roles were reversed?  Being tactful maybe is the right way to put it?

Just now, Changing Times said:

Ah sorry mate, I'm getting you now, I haven't been on the club website and I thought the bloody Gazette had deleted some photo 🤦‍♂️ 

If the club did it then it might be out of respect for Burnley, not wanting to antagonise them, that kind of thing?  Cos a deal has yet to be done, if indeed one ever will be.  I could understand the club doing that.  How would we feel if the roles were reversed?  Being tactful maybe is the right way to put it?

Logical. 

Certainly might not help Burnley to sell Gibson to another buyer if we're flaunting how he's training with us. The more difficult we make it for them, the more difficult they're gonna make it for us. Seems reasonable to me.

5 hours ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

I'm not sure I completely agree with the above.

I know we are not Liverpool, but Warnock has stated that he wants to play 433.

Liverpool's fullbacks, Alexander-Arnold and Roberson got 13 and 12 assists respectively last season, and that's the kind of input you need from fullbacks in a 433.  The DCM provides cover for attacking fullbacks.  Or should do. 

Yes I get that those two full-backs exceptional...

As a less exceptional fullback pair but equally as valid, Aarons and Lewis for Norwich in their promotion season. Think they got 10+ goals and assists between them.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

As a less exceptional fullback pair but equally as valid, Aarons and Lewis for Norwich in their promotion season. Think they got 10+ goals and assists between them.

All good in theory but Norwich had a decent keeper, center backs and  midfield. As it stands we need all of the above

2 minutes ago, xathras said:

I love how they call him a boro flop: https://www.teamtalk.com/news/leeds-transfer-latest-21m-move-cristhian-stuani

I loved this guy and felt if played up front vs Right hand side would of delivered even more

Definatly.. People who ask for karanka to come back forget about stuff like that. Fair enough he got us up and for a few seasons there was a real buzz about the place. .  But He had 3 top quality players in de roon. Stuani and traore and diddnt play to there strengths. De roon always seemed to be further forward that his favourable position. Stuani out on the right when he is prolific up front[most fans could recognise tbis but not ak] and he woukdnt even give traore a chance. 

A few simple things like that and it could of been alot different

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

This. Why delete the photo when its hardly a secret he's been training with us anyway?

Because it's respectful to the club that is continuing to pay his wages, they may be fully aware that he is training with us but it doesn't mean they want to see him in photos promoting it

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)