oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Ayresome7 said:

In line with Warnocks past transfer dealings at other clubs we seem to have been pursuing a number of players who are registered to Wasserman Agency (Kevin Stewart, Joe Williams, Luke Amos, Tyler Blackett, Jacques Maghoma. Dael Fry is also registered with them)

I was told we have adopted a social media/agent system for recruitment along with scouting called The Players Agent and this resulted in one transfer this summer. There is an active advertisement on there now on behalf of a Championship club looking for a CF (Target Man) with a budget of € 50,000 per month (All wages are in €) along with a Right Winger required on loan for the same wage.

“TPA has been created by professionals for professionals and its aim is to provide an online environment where reliable information can be entered and found. TPA offers in addition to functions that are common to social networks - A market place for players who are looking for a new club or an agent and for clubs who are looking for players.”

Seems so amateurish...

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

46 minutes ago, Smogzilla said:

In fairness, its "along with scouting".

The Wasserman player pool is absolutely massive. If Warnock has contacts that could give us an advantage to sign some of the players on this list then that's not a bad thing.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/wasserman/beraterfirma/berater/440

I see my mate Max Kilman is represented by that agency as well. 

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can we not do the whole "prove your sources" thing, this is a transfer rumours thread, cheers

It’s too late for you as we know that your source is your brother 😉 

But I think it’s fair to ask where the information came from. We are not really expecting a name but to know wether or not it’s someone connected with the club/football in general or just someone down the pub who knows a guy that knows a guy  

Personally I like recording any snippets wether they pan out or not as it sparks conversation  

In other news my dog told me we’re close to signing some Croatians 

• Haha 4
3 minutes ago, Uwe said:

But I think it’s fair to ask where the information came from. We are not really expecting a name but to know wether or not it’s someone connected with the club/football in general or just someone down the pub who knows a guy that knows a guy  

Personally I like recording any snippets wether they pan out or not as it sparks conversation  

My Croatians told me we are close to signing some dogs!

• Haha 3
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I know some Koreans who want to have your dog...... with their sauce .....

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Can we not do the whole "prove your sources" thing, this is a transfer rumours thread, cheers

Same s**t, different year.

People take rumours so seriously. If someone wants to pass on info let them, if someone doesn't want to believe it then just move on.

You don't need to challenge posters on their sources because that drives people off the board and we need all the numbers we can get to keep this place thriving.

Just take everything as it comes and don't have a go if something doesn't work out either, this is all supposed to be a bit of fun!

Onto actual rumours.... I drove past a car with the licence plate M3SSI on the A19 yesterday, heading towards Boro

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
8 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

How do we average Joe nobodies tell the difference between a lie or genuine information when we have very few ways to confirm or deny them? I don't really understand that. We have the regular ITK posters contradicting each other at times but I don't really see the harm in it, even genuine contacts pass on duff information sometimes.

It's the rumour mill. Let it roll on as usual. I'd rather we were discussing rumours than the rest of the *** this thread has when the rumours disappear.

When some random person pops up and says we're about to sign someone, and then we don't sign them, it's pretty clear it was a lie.

It's more annoying when it's someone who never really posts otherwise, and there are definitely weirdos out there who get off on giving false info.

Edited by TeaCider24

Interesting that Wesley Saïd is on that Wasserman list. He was the first name linked this window. Kevin Stewart too.

Some decent creative players in that list too. Izzy Brown contributed to 8 goals in the Championship last term in a poor Luton side. Reckon Chelsea would be interested in a sale, and QPR have been linked - so chances are he's on our list too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• Like 1

Blimey, there are some angry people on here.
You are all craving for “snippets” as you call them, but then when someone comes along with a transfer rumour on a transfer rumour thread which quite frankly is devoid of rumours, to the point where people are convinced that we have no targets lined up, you shoot them down and drive them off the forum. 

Chill out guys, it’s just a rumours thread and it’s just football. There is so much else in life to worry about at the moment. 

• Like 11
9 hours ago, TeaCider24 said:

If it's a lie, I'd sooner not hear it, personally.

Not saying this specific poster is lying, but I don't get any particular enjoyment from false rumours.

If you don’t want rumours you should try www.mfc.co.uk, they post all the signing announcements

• Like 6
1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Blimey, there are some angry people on here.
You are all craving for “snippets” as you call them, but then when someone comes along with a transfer rumour on a transfer rumour thread which quite frankly is devoid of rumours, to the point where people are convinced that we have no targets lined up, you shoot them down and drive them off the forum. 

Chill out guys, it’s just a rumours thread and it’s just football. There is so much else in life to worry about at the moment. 

Well said BWS, what will be will be eventually, however interesting fact is that we have so many new members join at this period of the year compared to normal times, so the thread itself must be appealing to many.

I know I like reading all posts (unless catching up) whether the info is clearly ott or not.

My own conspiracy theory is that so much effort will be made to secure Ben Gibson that we will not attract others who we probably need.

As for the season, whoever we have I am sure that Warnock will not allow the season we have just endured.

• Like 3
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)