oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Gibbo expected at Norwich for talks tomorrow and Nottingham Monday both permanent signings.  As mentioned last week currently nothing on incomings Williams we couldn’t agree fee with Wigan Stewart has been to rockcliffe twice but has other options. Mass redundancies in club will be announced end of next week. 

Stewart has other options, we can write that one off then.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Skinemrippers said:

Why are we not in on a permanent for Gibson?  No way will Burnley accept a loan over moving him out and getting a decent fee surely? 
Mass redundancies where @Raf smog? The shop and ticket office staff while Gill and the likes stay in post? 

All over the club +rockcliffe ticket office club shop just none of the big Wigs are leaving.  

• Angry 1
2 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

All over the club +rockcliffe ticket office club shop just none of the big Wigs are leaving.  

So we’re going to get rid of the people actually doing their jobs but keep the ones earning much more that don’t fulfill their roles. Great.   

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Adamjr9 said:

So we’re going to get rid of the people actually doing their jobs but keep the ones earning much more that don’t fulfill their roles. Great.   

Yes I believe they are going down to 3 In the ticket office. A lot of ill feeling within club at moment!

• Sad 5
12 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Raf, I don't doubt your information because like I stated over a year ago, People were getting put on zero hour contracts at that point and some even  losing their jobs so this isn't nothing new.

What I find is incredible, especially at the likes of Arsenal as well, that honest hard working local people are losing jobs but yet there is still talk of possible incoming transfers. 

You have to question the structure at the club and its surroundings if specific jobs were not required. Thats exactly what Tony Pulis was looking at and he set the wheels in motion for staff doing multiple jobs. I won't name the staff member because I play football with him, but he's currently doing a degree so he can do multiple jobs to save us future costs and I believe that is the case for other backroom staff.

Cleaners, catering staff, admin etc were all getting cut over a year ago.

Appreciate the info ref Gibson, and it comes as no surprise tbh as obviously Burnley still don't want to deal with us for whatever reason even though I believe Gibson actually wants to come back. (That's just my opinion). 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

Yes I believe they are going down to 3 In the ticket office. A lot of ill feeling within club at moment!

It’s so sad to read this. As usual the lowest paid will suffer and be moved on. It’s really does feel like we’re a shambles at the moment, even the way they’ve handled the season ticket issue has been awful. 
Does anyone know what Pulis apparently sorted out behind the scenes?! 

• Like 1

If mass redundancies are expected you really have to question the club and their priorities.  

Yes I appreciate you have to stay competitive on the pitch, but man alive, it really bothers me how it’s always the bottom where they start the cuts from.

Football is awash with money and if Boro can spend 1.5m on a signing then in the grand scheme of things, we have money to help those people. Is it someone’s fault in the club shop that the club has been horrendously run and they are going to lose their job? 

Is it Brenda’s fault that we paid Gestede his contract and ran ourselves into the ground? Whilst I can understand the Coronavirus having an impact on the club, they are ignoring the impact that it will have on those lives of their employees.

Its not just Covid which is having an impact right here and right now, but when Brexit kicks in and / or there is another global recession then those people will struggle even more than they are now.

And all for what? Boro to sign some players to kick a ball about? 

Probably just because I’ve been sat in the sun too long today but it’s just another reason for me to become disassociated with the club. I don’t like where the priorities lie. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
2 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

It’s so sad to read this. As usual the lowest paid will suffer and be moved on. It’s really does feel like we’re a shambles at the moment, even the way they’ve handled the season ticket issue has been awful. 
Does anyone know what Pulis apparently sorted out behind the scenes?! 

He incorporated multiple roles for backroom staff to save on future costs.

Good post MBP

Covid 19 has not finished with damaging football clubs yet and having to simply hope that fans will return anythime soon can not be good for any club.

All have to cut their cloth accordingly it is the duty of the powers that be to keep a club going no matter the cost and sadly many on the periferery of clubs will suffer and will join the likes of M&S, Debenham workers.

Perhaps the winter transfer season will be the most active and hopefully most football fans will still have a club to support

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)