oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

6 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

There are as many reasons to not trust his judgement in the last 10 years or so as there are reasons to trust it. 

But more reasons to trust his management ability than to not over the last 10 years. 

As good as Pullis at setting up a team, but more offensive minded. 

1500 games as manager, with repeated success in this league 

We should have more confidence in him than any other recent manager. 

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

There are as many reasons to not trust his judgement in the last 10 years or so as there are reasons to trust it. 

Sounds like you have them all listed...

warnock absolutely loves football. hes not staying on for the money like some older managers. i imagine him being away from the game would drive his wife bonkers. so when a guy like him says i can spot a player cant defend in 30 seconds. i'll believe he probably can but also assume he wont just watch 30 seconds of him playing to make his opinion. because i bet all e does is watch football when hes not on the training pitch.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Season starts 2 weeks today with our cup game. Not a lot of time if he wants players in before we kick off.

You can sign players fairly quickly to be fair, the issue is getting them to sign. Plus we don't know how far along they are with potential deals, it's a fairly closed circle this summer with the dealings

24 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Hes achieved some kind of messiah status here some how! People seem to think hes above making mistakes or failing.

People, myself included, are probably just hoping that he is making less mistakes than Woodgate and will comfortably keep us away from the relegation zone and win a few more games. I’m certainly not having any hopes that we will be close to the top 6. Probably somewhere between 10-16 place. 

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

You can sign players fairly quickly to be fair, the issue is getting them to sign. Plus we don't know how far along they are with potential deals, it's a fairly closed circle this summer with the dealings

like when hall signed, out of the blue for us. but hall said its been touch and go for a while (or words to that effect) and he was happy to get it sorted finally.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Hes achieved some kind of messiah status here some how! People seem to think hes above making mistakes or failing.

Whereas you seem to think he's the antichrist or something, just continuous negativity.

People are hopeful; we had a terrible season under a terrible manager, Warnock came in and quite possibly prevented relegation and therefore he has some credit with the fans.  He has a decent Championship record, has turned teams around and made them competitive in the past.   He has made good and bad signings, as has every manager, but again, after Woodgate, there's a hope he won't just sign 3 players who never get a game.  Or offload decent players and replace them with midfield plodders a la Pulis.

Yes, there's a bunch of PR nonsense about him - but there always is with any manager (see Woodgate's Powerpoint presentation nonsense).

It may all go terribly - but it's just a bit of hope after years of awfulness.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

It is all about expectations...Nathan Jones ensured that his club stayed in the Championship...Thomas Frank despite having a bigger budget and better players failed to get Brentford promoted....whose fans are happiest ....forget the football, we all know Brentford play more attractive stuff than Luton, but in the end one failed and the other succeeded...I don't care much for Warnock's views outside football, but if I spend the last month of this season relaxed, then that's fine by me 

• Like 1
Just now, CWC said:

Leeds bidding for Rodrigo and Leon Bailey and we’re struggling to get Kevin Stewart over the line. It’s a cruel world isn’t it. 

Are we?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, CWC said:

Leeds bidding for Rodrigo and Leon Bailey and we’re struggling to get Kevin Stewart over the line. It’s a cruel world isn’t it. 

sounds like Bamford will be back on the market soon then

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

So as a snippet from Done Deal.... He talks about a transfer cost.  

£35 million transfer fee

£26 million in wages for 5 years (typical wage for premier league player)

£5 million image rights payments to player

£3 million sign on fee and loyalty bonus

£1 million performance related pay

£1.3 millions agents fee.

Total cost 71.3 million.

I know this is a premier league player but it shows that a headline transfer fee becomes more complex.  Middlesbrough are ok at agreeing the transfer fee and the player wage but seem unable to agree to the finer details - we all know Gibson will only deal with certain agents etc.

Anyone get the feeling we are still kind of ‘old school’ when it comes to stuff like that. ‘*** image rights!? Must think he’s ronaldo tell them to F off!’

I remember when mowbray first came think it was vectorboro said something about him hating the wages younger players get and being stubborn against signing them. Maybe that way of thinking is just a club policy?

• Like 1

Sheffield Wednesday have already signed Che Dunkley and Izzy Brown, they are on the verge of signing Jonathan Leko and have supposedly had a bid accepted for Josh Windass. 

They start the season on -12 points for goodness sake. Serious questions need to be asked at our place. 

• Like 9
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)