oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I suppose you can view in the situation in 2 different ways, you can get angry or see the funny side. 

I'm past getting angry anymore, I just see the club as footballs equivalent of Faulty Towers.

Not sure who the characters would be? I'm thinking Gibson as Basil, Warnock as the Major and Bauser as Manuel. 

• Haha 5
10 hours ago, TheJew said:

I dont know. The club have offered more money inane instances and still been turned down.

Personally, I think its perception about the direction the club is going in. Managers like Pulis and Warnock aren't that desirable to play for these days.

Isn't it all linked to Gibson not wanting to do business with player's agents? No wonder players are going elsewhere because if the agent isn't getting a slice of the pie, why would they encourage their player to join the Boro?

1 minute ago, Old Codger said:

Somehow you have now put the image of Leo in drag as Polly in my head.....not quite the same

How about Pulis as the Irish builder, he comes in to fix things but actually makes things worse. 

Woodgate could be the Moose's head. 

• Haha 6

I'm guessing that all those saying "Being linked with Stewart shows how far we've fallen" have barely seen him play, and are basing that purely on one or two games they've seen him in against us.

Honestly. The ****housery on here sometimes.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, davros5000 said:

Isn't it all linked to Gibson not wanting to do business with player's agents? No wonder players are going elsewhere because if the agent isn't getting a slice of the pie, why would they encourage their player to join the Boro?

To be honest, if not paying millions of £ - that we don't have - to the agents of bang average Championship plodders is the way things are going to be, I don't mind it too much at all. 

2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

How about Pulis as the Irish builder, he comes in to fix things but actually makes things worse. 

Think you have an inflated idea of Woody's range .......maybe something with a little less expressiveness, like a teapot

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Duvel said:

I shouldn’t be amused by this but boy did I laugh out loud when I read it 😂😂😂

Quality post @Duvel 👍

5 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

I'm guessing that all those saying "Being linked with Stewart shows how far we've fallen" have barely seen him play, and are basing that purely on one or two games they've seen him in against us.

Honestly. The ****housery on here sometimes.

It's how a lot of people operate though....someone who saw O'toole in Macbeth wouldn't rate....but if they watched "The Ruling Class" they would have him as first name on the sheet.....though Neil would know either way after 30 seconds

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, "KM" said:

And I was the one you accused of bed wetting a couple of weeks ago. 😂

I totally share your frustration though.

Seeing Sol Bamba and Stewart linked shows you how low this club has fallen and how badly this club is being managed. If it wasn’t for Warnock having so much respect for Gibson I don’t think he would have stayed on. If he was at any other club and having a transfer window like the one we are having he would have walked. It’s an absolute bloody farce. 

Haha im not wetting the bed i find the situation funny and tbh expected. We'll sign some players im sure.  Even may throw some one boro names to in there. What's everyone's position? I play left wing so thats that position sorted 😂

• Haha 1
7 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Haha im not wetting the bed i find the situation funny and tbh expected. We'll sign some players im sure.  Even may throw some one boro names to in there. What's everyone's position? I play left wing so thats that position sorted 😂

I agree that we will sign a few players, they may be over priced or under standard or maybe even both, but I am sure they will arrive as we cant go the season without. Whether that is encouraging I arent sure!!!

10 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

It's how a lot of people operate though....someone who saw O'toole in Macbeth wouldn't rate....but if they watched "The Ruling Class" they would have him as first name on the sheet.....though Neil would know either way after 30 seconds

Loving the O'Toole/Macbeth reference. Keeping it relevant to your audience. 😉

Can we also point out that Klopp is a massive fan of Stewart? He didn't want to lose Stewart in the Robertson deal, but there was no other way to get it completed. 

Just googled to find the quote I wanted; this comes after an EFL Cup win against Spurs:

"He was very important. I have said a few times, he’s the best challenger in the squad. One-on-one he is really ugly to play against. He’s a good footballer, good player and he had a good game. Very good.”

In a *** poor Hull side, his stats for tackles, interceptions, and breaking up play are quite remarkable. Guessing the people who are against Stewart are also those who couldn't see the virtues of Adam Clayton in the Karanka system because he didn't score enough goals. 

• Like 8

I'm hoping that now we've missed out on a few of our domestic targets, we'll be forced to turn our sights to the European market.

We have needed to do it for a couple of seasons now and sometimes life forces you our of your comfort zone in a mysterious yet advantageous way.

Maybe we won't though, and remain stubborn in the face of an obvious wake up call.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)