oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Yep totally, I just wish they would wait until at least some spectators were allowed back in, I understand why they finished last season, but why start the next one so quickly.
If we get another lockdown for a second wave they’ll have to stop and the same process starts all over again. 

Who do you expect pay for that? The fans are certainly not going to and the media won’t pay anything if they can’t show games re you expecting everyone who’s paid within football to forfeit their wages of do expect the government to pay? The players certainly aren’t going to  agree on not getting paid. With the right protocols you can easily start getting crowds. Mind you the public needs to have more than two working brain cells to adhere to the protocols. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

Sol Bamba doesn't seem to be a bad shout though

It’s very bad shout. 35 years old and played less than 100 minutes last year. I’d rather just play Hall and Fry and have Stubbs as backup. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Borodane said:

Who do you expect pay for that? The fans are certainly not going to and the media won’t pay anything if they can’t show games re you expecting everyone who’s paid within football to forfeit their wages of do expect the government to pay? The players certainly aren’t going to  agree on not getting paid. With the right protocols you can easily start getting crowds. Mind you the public needs to have more than two working brain cells to adhere to the protocols. 

Every business is suffering in the UK, my work had totally dried up, that’s just the way things are here, a lot of us aren’t getting paid, why should footballers be any different. 

As for the two working brain cells theory, most fans should be ok if they club together. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
8 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

What date did Warnock mention about a premier league loan? Anybody remember?

25th August was the date mentioned 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Every business is suffering in the UK, my work had totally dried up, that’s just the way things are here, a lot of us aren’t getting paid, why should footballers be any different. 

As for the two working brain cells theory, most fans should be ok if they club together. 

Because there’s literally no reason for footballers not to be able to do their jobs.

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Or a decent coach, which we know have. 

Aye, many of us said last season that the squad we had was too good to go down. I don't think we've lost anyone of note from that squad - mainly depth in an already small squad. Naïve tactics, unintelligent substitutions, and a manager who couldn't learn from his mistakes were our main factors.

I'm not saying the squad is entirely ready for a 46 game season. It's not. But I'm not down with all the doom and gloom. 

On paper, our squad is better than Barnsley, Luton, Wycombe, Rotherham, Coventry - just as it was for those and their equivalents last season. The major difference is we have a manager with experience and an established set of ideas to impart into that squad.

• Like 2
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

If there is no income coming into the club due to no crowds and no TV money, who’s going to pay the players wages?

Why would there be no TV money? Only this morning Sky have waived their Exclusive rights to games so clubs can show them independently through iFollow.

11 minutes ago, Will said:

Why would there be no TV money? Only this morning Sky have waived their Exclusive rights to games so clubs can show them independently through iFollow.

I was unaware of that. I’m not sure ifollow subscriptions will keep clubs going. 

19 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Aye, many of us said last season that the squad we had was too good to go down. I don't think we've lost anyone of note from that squad - mainly depth in an already small squad. Naïve tactics, unintelligent substitutions, and a manager who couldn't learn from his mistakes were our main factors.

I'm not saying the squad is entirely ready for a 46 game season. It's not. But I'm not down with all the doom and gloom. 

On paper, our squad is better than Barnsley, Luton, Wycombe, Rotherham, Coventry - just as it was for those and their equivalents last season. The major difference is we have a manager with experience and an established set of ideas to impart into that squad.

I don't think anyone expects us to go down this season, but anything but mid-table anonymity is looking tough right now.

From the squad that started last season, we've lost Ayala (23 starts), Clayton (21 starts), Shotton (20 starts), Friend (14 starts), Randolph (14 starts) and Gestede (5 starts). 

We've replaced 2 of them, some of them weren't very good during the season but that's more than just a bit of depth we've lost and not replaced.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)