oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

14 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Congratulations on pricing my point? 🤣

Believe it or not, some people make judgements based on more than singular games. 🤯

He hasn't played a full league game in over a year.  He's over 35.  The only thing to reasonably judge him on currently is his most recent form.  No point whatsoever looking at what he was like years ago.  That video is the most league minutes he's had - and he was awful.  Flint was preferred to him, and Flint was bang average.

What exactly are you using to make your judgement on Bamba?  What is there more than his past season's performance that's worth consdering? 

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Would anyone else be happy to have younger players plug the gaps for a season?
The way I see it is, we are not going to go up. Added onto this we seem to be not attracting players to come to us.

I’d much rather give youth players a chance to shine, rather than bring in a short term gap for the season. If we sign Bamba then surely we’re just shooting ourselves in the foot by not letting the youngsters have a go? 

Whilst I don’t think the club would do this, especially with Warnock who wants tried and tested players, it does make me question if we’re going down the right avenue. I’m not saying to just play young players without a good blend, but I’d rather give a youngster a chance over an ageing player like Bamba. 

Who knows, they could even hold their own like Spence, Coulson and Pears. If we avoid relegation, surely the players will be better for it in the next 2 years? Rather than neglecting them a chance to have a go. 

My knowledge on the U23s is limited, so I have no idea how close people are to first team football. But it seems like a shame to not utilise the academy whilst we actively opt to get in short term players. 

This almost got us relegated and probably would have, bar Warnock coming in.  I'm all for blooding 2-3 youngsters in the starting 11 but they need tried and tested alongside. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Would anyone else be happy to have younger players plug the gaps for a season?
The way I see it is, we are not going to go up. Added onto this we seem to be not attracting players to come to us.

I’d much rather give youth players a chance to shine, rather than bring in a short term gap for the season. If we sign Bamba then surely we’re just shooting ourselves in the foot by not letting the youngsters have a go? 

Whilst I don’t think the club would do this, especially with Warnock who wants tried and tested players, it does make me question if we’re going down the right avenue. I’m not saying to just play young players without a good blend, but I’d rather give a youngster a chance over an ageing player like Bamba. 

Who knows, they could even hold their own like Spence, Coulson and Pears. If we avoid relegation, surely the players will be better for it in the next 2 years? Rather than neglecting them a chance to have a go. 

My knowledge on the U23s is limited, so I have no idea how close people are to first team football. But it seems like a shame to not utilise the academy whilst we actively opt to get in short term players. 

As people have said they were understandably inconsistent last season. The seasoned pros didn't seem to be supporting them much on the pitch. Pre covid I didn't see any of the experienced lads rallying them on. They seemed too concerned with failing to do their jobs than to help them out. We will definitely struggle if we add more youngsters this season. Other than the probable spurious Bamba link we seem to be targeting mid 20s players. If they have some leadership skills then perhaps they will make it a better environment for the young lads to be more consistent. 

1 hour ago, "KM" said:

He’s played 70 games in the last three season (anyone want to be correct me if am wrong?) I don’t see anything to get excited about he would be a back up player at best. If he and Sol Bamba are coming in to be first choice then we are in very big trouble and probably a sign of how bad things are off the pitch last time we made signings like this was under Tony Mowbray. 

Didn't realise you'd watch every performance and thoroughly scouted him, my bad.

Fair enough with Bamba but this attitude that Stewart is a bad player is just strange. He's only 26, from the Spurs academy, good enough that Liverpool saw something in him and played fairly regularly in the last 2 seasons championship both in a successful and unsuccessful Hull side yet you're making out like we are trying to sign Lee Cattermole.

I swear you just want to be continually disappointed or panicked

• Like 1

I can’t understand why we are such an unattractive club. The stadium is fine. The training facilities rank up there with the best. The manager has a proven track record in this division.

OK, so Linny Road  May not be inspiring as a place of residence. Harrogate, York, Durham are all commutable. You only have to set foot into Boro to play !

Last season was a disaster- but we haven’t had as bad a season in decades.

Come on, Boro get your act together- there are positives to promote

• Like 2

Yes I think everyone needs a signing to give a lift. You can feel people getting itchy feet, rightly or wrongly blaming Bausor and the positivity of Warnock's appointment and signing Hall straightaway is ebbing away.

2 minutes ago, MFC Heisenberg said:

Not sure if he actually tested positive for covid, but Fry showed symptoms when returning to Rockliffe so is now self isolating 

Straight out of the Ayala handbook he’s was isolating from January 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

I can’t understand why we are such an unattractive club. The stadium is fine. The training facilities rank up there with the best. The manager has a proven track record in this division.

OK, so Linny Road  May not be inspiring as a place of residence. Harrogate, York, Durham are all commutable. You only have to set foot into Boro to play !

Trust me, while Neil Bausor is running the negotiations, this will continue to be the case mate. We won't see any changes till that fraud is out of work.

54 minutes ago, Will said:

Who’s actually saying this? Or are you just acting like a child?

The people who won’t hear a single bad word against anything involving the club. 

‘oh he doesn’t want a 35 year old barely functioning cb, that must mean he’s a spoilt brat who’s only happy with multimillion pound signings’. 

How dare anyone question our recruitment methods after countless poor transfer windows.

6 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

We aren’t ‘Unattractive’ don’t fall for the narrative, we are just poor at what we do. We have never struggled getting players here this bad in the past. Something has changed in how we work In the transfer market since pulis came in. 

8 minutes ago, Robin Johnson said:

We’ve been drifting backwards for the vast majority of the time since 2006 due to terrible decision making at the top of the club. I completely understand why aspirational players regularly chose other clubs instead of us.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, LinoJo3 said:

We aren’t ‘Unattractive’ don’t fall for the narrative, we are just poor at what we do. We have never struggled getting players here this bad in the past. Something has changed in how we work In the transfer market since pulis came in. 

It's got to be to do with Gibson and his refusal to work with agents, I simply can't see another reason why we would get so far in discussions but then someone else can easily come in and seal the deal.

I do think we are quite unattractive as a prospect too but it's madness to think it's down to Bausor just simply losing deals, there must be an element of inflexibility to it too

• Like 3
1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

It's got to be to do with Gibson and his refusal to work with agents, I simply can't see another reason why we would get so far in discussions but then someone else can easily come in and seal the deal.

I do think we are quite unattractive as a prospect too but it's madness to think it's down to Bausor just simply losing deals, there must be an element of inflexibility to it too

I can.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)