oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Denzel Zanzibar said:

Sacking Karanka would have been acceptable if we'd hired an actual manager to replace him.

Instead we accepted relegation by giving the job to Agnew.

And that’s what made sacking AK an even stupider decision.

• Like 2
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

And that’s what made sacking AK an even stupider decision.

After the failed Monk experiment SG should have been moving heaven and earth to bring Karanka back. We had the money, as evidenced by how much we paid Pulis!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, TheHolgate said:

The appointment of Monk and then giving him all the parachute money was THE mistake.

Yeah I was never keen on Monk right from the start, I hated the way that he got rid of the Spanish speaking players and bought in a load of overpriced underachievers. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Like I said in my big post on this topic, I think it's pretty clear the players respected what he'd done for him. Most of them did, anyway. I think they, like us, never wanted to stop the positivity of what Aitor had built for this club.

But the fact is he had lost his nut, that positivity had gone. He had no control any more, everything became far too much for him and he was lashing out left, right and centre. No matter how much they loved and respected him for what he'd done to their careers and what they had been part of, I'm pretty sure they knew it had to end. Like I said, massive weight off their shoulders when he left.

Now none of that matters any more. No player bar apparently Downing is going to look back at those years under Karanka now and see anything but how great most of that time was. We all know he made so many of those players better. None of that makes sacking him the wrong decision because how they feel about the past now is almost certainly avoiding the subject of what he was like at his worst.

I think the club and the gazette spun things that way, I don’t think that was the whole truth. 

• Like 3

It just felt like Gibson was accepting relegation.  Aitor's reign was the best we have had for year's. It ended sour but when it was good it was good and I'd do anything to get back to those good days. The winning mentality he created throughout the club and the togetherness before it unravelled is something I doubt we will see for a long long time. Giving Agnew the job was a disgrace. 

• Like 6
Just now, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

I think the club spun and the gazette things that way, I don’t think that was the whole truth. 

Really? I thought it was pretty obvious from his own public appearances that he'd lost it. He didn't need anybody writing stories that way.

If I remember rightly the Gazette tried to spin the January window into being positive for a while and maybe that pro-club mentality annoyed him, the club definitely wanted to be seen as doing everything they could for him, i.e. signing players he wanted 1-2 years ago in the Championship as an indicator of 'doing right by him'. That was a load of crap and an expensive load of crap at that.

• Like 1

Guy's  I appreciate that there is no transfer news, and respect that what you are discussing is important and linked to our current transfer issues.

However, could you please move the manager and Gibson discussions to a new thread?

All these notifications, with no transfer news are killing me with hope!

thanks, no offence intended.

Maz

• Like 5

Back onto transfer news...

I was told earlier in the week we were hopeful of having a midfielder sign on Friday.

I had assumed it was the lad who went to Bristol City, but looking at it was fella from Hull.

He hasnt signed. Maybe the facilities are putting the players off.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, TheJew said:

I was told earlier in the week we were hopeful of having a midfielder sign on Friday.

I had assumed it was the lad who went to Bristol City, but looking at it was fella from Hull.

Think he's gone to speak to another club and deciding. 

2 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Doubt it is the facilities. They are probably some of the best in the championship

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

Doubt it is the facilities. They are probably some of the best in the championship

True, maybe its the hotel and golf club they don't like.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)