oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I guess the thinking behind Warnock is he has a track record of getting limited players to form a functional unit. We dont have thr biggest, multi talented squad to need them to perform greater than the sum of their parts.

With regards to reasons why people are choosing other clubs over us - I havent seen anyone touch on the potential formation and tactics. If Warnock is explaining that he sees them fitting into his 532 formation, they may not fancy it and prefer a more familiar role or sense its a bit risky not having a single winger in the squad if all our young full/wing backs dont perform.

On the Karanka thing - I loved him. Loved the team, the spirit, everything. The promotion side is almost of a part with McClarens peak side in terms of favourite Boro squads of my lifetime. You can almost draw similarities with Robson though - Bought a mix of perceived higher class players and a bunch of familiar players, neglected one area of the pitch, the squad was broke  into blame pointing cliques and it got to the point where it had to end. From a development point of view I have no doubt almost everyone involved woukd have done somethinf differently. I do wonder if Gibson had an opportunity which 1 decision from Karankas hire to fire he would change.

Final point - I see the Peterborough chairman was asked if he would be looking at Maddison as he was available on a free and was open to reduced wages. He simply replied 'no'. A lot of Posh fans think Maddison has an attitude problem and over rates himself both in terms of ability and worth. People saying Warnock would sort him out forget he amongst others werent able to get Ravel Morrison to fulfil his alleged potential.

4 minutes ago, Mr_Maz said:

yeah, that's him thanks.

there were some good clips of him in the intersquad game before the restart.

Willians kokolo. Only signed this summer. Will be involved once season resumes

• Like 1

I wonder if there is any truth in the Hume rumour. Fans on that forum are saying Donald accepts nearly any bids for their players so if we go in with a half decent bid it might just get accepted. I have seen a bit of him and he looks decent enough but more of a wing back rather than a natural left back imo

1 minute ago, Poly said:

I wonder if there is any truth in the Hume rumour. Fans on that forum are saying Donald accepts nearly any bids for their players so if we go in with a half decent bid it might just get accepted. I have seen a bit of him and he looks decent enough but more of a wing back rather than a natural left back imo

Got a link to that post mate?

13 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Has anyone heard we are looking at demba Ba?

Demba Ba, who's on £100k/week, at age 35, with a year still left to that deal?

I'm going to hazard a guess that it's BS.

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Poly said:

I would seriously doubt it. How many left backs / wingbacks do we need?

Just now, TAPOUT said:

I would seriously doubt it. How many left backs / wingbacks do we need?

Not enough. I think Warnock sees Coulson as a winger and Johnson as a versatile squad player. Also Bola I can’t see getting used and probably will leave. We are in for a left back as Warnock admitted last week he asked about Bolognoli prior to the quarantine scandal 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Poly said:

Not enough. I think Warnock sees Coulson as a winger and Johnson as a versatile squad player. Also Bola I can’t see getting used and probably will leave. We are in for a left back as Warnock admitted last week he asked about Bolognoli prior to the quarantine scandal 

Suppose so. 

• Like 2
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)