oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

I'm not sure why Phil Jones would be definitely playing Championship football when there's so many Premier League clubs who're in desperate of a CB? And he could likely get top flight football on the continent? With his reported £120k/week salary? 🤨

• Like 3
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Dean Windas. If he was on £33k in his prime we could probably get him for £30k a week now ... Bargain 👍

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, sambaDTR said:

Getting back to transfers, I reckon we should get Tony Mowbray back as Manager! 🤒

I did used to get some inside info when Mogga was here, not from him himself but from someone involved with his backroom team. 

Put it this way I'd be very surprised if Mowbray came back here to work under Gibson, and that's understating things. 

• Like 2

Re Sol Bamba. 
I think everyone on here is missing the point of why we should sign him (yes I believe I know more than all of you)

The one reason, and one reason only is that he will fit perfectly in to a new La Bamba chant by the fans. 

Bring him home 😀

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Neverbefore said:

But thats exactly what this is, another 180! We went from attacking monk to organised stable pulis to attacking woodgate to organised stable warnock. This is the 4th 180 in 3 years. Its literally mental 

Haha attacking Woodgate. That’s a joke right? He wasn’t attacking. He was just clueless. Otherwise I agree. There simply isn’t a plan for this club. It’s like Gibson is drawing a 5-year plan out of a hat every 6 months. 

• Like 2
8 hours ago, TheJew said:

Changing times nailed it in another post. We should be signing players who will improve our match day squad and predominantly starting 11.

We can utilise the youth to step up as and when required. 

That’s hardly rocket science. It should be the aim of every club. If you’re not thinking a signing improves you then why bother. Every signing should push an existing player out to improve competitiveness. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, LinoJo3 said:

Him or Karanka would be my DoF if I ever bought the club.

I don’t get the fascination of bringing in an ex manager / footballer as DoF why not look for someone who is qualified in the job? 

9 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Haha attacking Woodgate. That’s a joke right? He wasn’t attacking. He was just clueless. Otherwise I agree. There simply isn’t a plan for this club. It’s like Gibson is drawing a 5-year plan out of a hat every 6 months. 

Woodgate was an attacking manager.... for his first game and a half. 

Remember all that bluster in the press conference last year and the new era lasted 135 minutes. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

That’s hardly rocket science. It should be the aim of every club. If you’re not thinking a signing improves you then why bother. Every signing should push an existing player out to improve competitiveness. 

Exactly...but it would appear that in the recent past, we may possibly have had at least one manager who signed players that improved THEIR bank account.....allegedly...although I would say that if the squad is small, then it should be "out of the first 11"

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)