oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Freeman is the type of player who could give us far more balance. He wasn't offered opportunities in his best positions last season - A 10 or an Inside Forward cutting in from the left. If we had him and Tav in the 3 behind a striker, they'd cause havoc if allowed to switch positions and mix things up in our approach:

Get him in, Roberts back, Stewart, and maybe a defensively sound LB and suddenly we'd look far more balanced. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I don’t normally post if have ITK info but I have a few things if anyone is interested. I’ve only had ITK info once before and that was when I broke Burnley’s interest in Fry a few year ago. From the same source;

Warnock is taking a few trialists to Cornwall with him to have an in depth look, one of them is Maghoma, the other 2 I don’t know names of. Club keeping it under wraps. 

We’re confident on getting Gibson back as he is being stubborn as he only wants to come back here and Burnley don’t want him at the club again to avoid a repeat of last season, this will go to the wire.

McNair & Britt being offered about as we believe we can get a decent fee for both and obviously high wages off the books. Britt not to fussed about leaving but McNair wants out.

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

If I get anything else I’ll post. 

That’s all very interesting, thanks for the info. Do you think Britt and McNair will have any suitors?

8 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I don’t normally post if have ITK info but I have a few things if anyone is interested. I’ve only had ITK info once before and that was when I broke Burnley’s interest in Fry a few year ago. From the same source;

Warnock is taking a few trialists to Cornwall with him to have an in depth look, one of them is Maghoma, the other 2 I don’t know names of. Club keeping it under wraps. 

We’re confident on getting Gibson back as he is being stubborn as he only wants to come back here and Burnley don’t want him at the club again to avoid a repeat of last season, this will go to the wire.

McNair & Britt being offered about as we believe we can get a decent fee for both and obviously high wages off the books. Britt not to fussed about leaving but McNair wants out.

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

Heard a rumour that Britt has actually put forward that he would be willing to sign a new contract but the club wants to sell now, he will go for peanuts 

2 minutes ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

That’s all very interesting, thanks for the info. Do you think Britt and McNair will have any suitors?

I think we will struggle to get rid of Paddy to be honest, Stoke interest cooled as has Celtics. Britt will have plenty of suitors but wages a stumbling block plus the fact he’s happy here... Fry could be the only player to bring some cash in. 

34 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

One player who might be available towards end of the window on loan is Luke Freeman of Sheff Utd. He did not play much for them last season and could fall further down pecking order if they strengthen.

I dont know without looking it up but did Warnock manage Freeman at QPR?

You will have to excuse my ignorance here but everyone goes on about Luke Freeman but is he that good? What position does he play and is he within our reach?

3 minutes ago, mj south said:

You will have to excuse my ignorance here but everyone goes on about Luke Freeman but is he that good? What position does he play and is he within our reach?

He was good for Bristol City and Sheff Utd in the Championship. Predominantly plays as a 10/LW, but can play on the Right too.

28. Barely featured for Utd last term, and then mainly out of position in CM. Prior to that, contributed to 16 goals in 18/19 (every 263 mins), and 18 in 17/18 (every 223 mins).

• Thanks 1
6 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

He was good for Bristol City and Sheff Utd in the Championship. Predominantly plays as a 10/LW, but can play on the Right too.

28. Barely featured for Utd last term, and then mainly out of position in CM. Prior to that, contributed to 16 goals in 18/19 (every 263 mins), and 18 in 17/18 (every 223 mins).

I saw a lot of Luke freeman and always a solid 7 out of 10. Better than we have currently at the Boro and can’t imagine his wages would be that high. Think 8-10k a week would get him but that’s pure guess work

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

I saw a lot of Luke freeman and always a solid 7 out of 10. Better than we have currently at the Boro and can’t imagine his wages would be that high. Think 8-10k a week would get him but that’s pure guess work

After a bit of digging he still has 2 years on his contract and Sheffield  Utd Paid £5.2million for him so maybe a loan would be a more feasible option

2 minutes ago, Uwe said:

Aye, I'd agree with that. A consistently decent performer, which is absolutely something we could do with - especially out wide. 

If he could contribute to 10-15 goals in his first season I'd be happy. Have wanted him here for a good few years. Just got to hope NW sees that in him too.

1 minute ago, Uwe said:

After a bit of digging he still has 2 years on his contract and Sheffield  Utd Paid £5.2million for him so maybe a loan would be a more feasible option

Was about to say he was, at one point last summer, Sheffield United's highest transfer fee paid record holder. Until they increasingly signed more players for more money.

I know that at the moment we are all unsure just what the Boro squad will be come start of the season, yes we are all hoping for some decent signings to come and boost the current squad.

But as individuals what are your hopes and aspirations for the new season?

For me, personally a much better performing home team and a noticeable improvement throughout and nowhere near flirting with relegation.

Also the team to show that they can win games when it really matters, not too much to ask for!

52 minutes ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

Thanks for this and I recall mentioning a couple of A Trialist previously, did not realise that they are brothers!

2 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

I know that at the moment we are all unsure just what the Boro squad will be come start of the season, yes we are all hoping for some decent signings to come and boost the current squad.

For me, personally a much better performing home team and a noticeable improvement throughout and nowhere near flirting with relegation.

Also the team to show that they can win games when it really matters, not too much to ask for!

A mid table finish whilst scoring more goals and continuing with giving youth a chance

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Downsouth said:

It feels like it's well beyond us right now but the only way I can feel comfortable with Neil Warnock as manager is if we're going for promotion. Otherwise his single season tenureship just doesn't make any sense to me. So my hope is to see us pushing for the top whilst basically thinking anything but a top 6 finish is a failure.

I don't think the way this transfer window is going right now that we'll achieve that but I do think Warnock is less signings away from that than some managers would be in his position.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)