oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

5 hours ago, Duvel said:

I did used to get some inside info when Mogga was here, not from him himself but from someone involved with his backroom team. 

Put it this way I'd be very surprised if Mowbray came back here to work under Gibson, and that's understating things. 

Story time!!

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 hours ago, "KM" said:

I don’t get the fascination of bringing in an ex manager / footballer as DoF why not look for someone who is qualified in the job? 

I think both are qualified for the job, judging by pre and post karanka form he clearly knows how to run a football club. As for mowbray our promotion team consisted of half his signings which all in all cost less than we paid for downing. He has always been good at building a team on a budget.

13 hours ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Id rather of given George a new contract with the same terms as his one at Brum than have Bamba. 

What about Shotton? 

Still without a club, did well under Warnock and the situation where he left the club was a lot more understandable than Ayala.

2 hours ago, Snowblind said:

Freeman is the type of player who could give us far more balance. He wasn't offered opportunities in his best positions last season - A 10 or an Inside Forward cutting in from the left. If we had him and Tav in the 3 behind a striker, they'd cause havoc if allowed to switch positions and mix things up in our approach:

Get him in, Roberts back, Stewart, and maybe a defensively sound LB and suddenly we'd look far more balanced. 

we'd look like promotion contenders suddenly. before laughing and being all negative its fine margins in this league. keep a few clean sheets and take the lead a few more times than we did and we'd be up there at the top end.

• Like 3

Anyone else who wants us to keep Britt for this season? I think with his contract expiring at the end of the season, he'll be determined to prove himself to win a new contract here or somewhere else. Seems like he has a good relationship with Warnock who I think could get the best out of him. In my opinion if we were to somehow finish in the top 6, it would be through Britt and Fletch scoring lots of goals.

• Like 4
Just now, Weasel said:

Anyone else who wants us to keep Britt for this season? I think with his contract expiring at the end of the season, he'll be determined to prove himself to win a new contract here or somewhere else. Seems like he has a good relationship with Warnock who I think could get the best out of him. In my opinion if we were to somehow finish in the top 6, it would be through Britt and Fletch scoring lots of goals.

Agreed 

2 hours ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

I don’t normally post if have ITK info but I have a few things if anyone is interested. I’ve only had ITK info once before and that was when I broke Burnley’s interest in Fry a few year ago. From the same source;

Warnock is taking a few trialists to Cornwall with him to have an in depth look, one of them is Maghoma, the other 2 I don’t know names of. Club keeping it under wraps. 

We’re confident on getting Gibson back as he is being stubborn as he only wants to come back here and Burnley don’t want him at the club again to avoid a repeat of last season, this will go to the wire.

McNair & Britt being offered about as we believe we can get a decent fee for both and obviously high wages off the books. Britt not to fussed about leaving but McNair wants out.

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

If I get anything else I’ll post. 

Gibson thing is exactly what Ive heard.  

The stumbling block will be if a club make a firm offer to Burnley and whether they feel they can force him to move.  I know he has his heart set on coming back here.

My info was that the agreement in principle included Fry and he has refused to move.  So now Burnley are waiting to bring someone in and ideally would use Gibson as part of that deal.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RichAcklam2404 said:

We have also enquired about Tyler Roberts from Leeds, they don’t believe he’s cut out for the Premier League.

That’s been known for a while, doesn’t look like anything has moved forward in the last week. I posted a comment on Page 328 regarding the Forshaw/Bamford promotion money owed and how we were looking to use this payment for a player. 

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Yeah the issue with Britt and Fletcher scoring goals is they are poachers require wingers to play through balls. This is something we are proper lacking in. Meanwhile I'm pretty sure someone said Britt has a 1 year contract extension like Howson had

37 minutes ago, Weasel said:

Not for me, personally. I hope they do score a shed load for us, I just can't see it. 

Guys, whilst I am an occasional optimist with boro, there is absolutely 0 chance of us getting promoted this season. Can we please just curb our expectations a little bit? I don’t even think we’ll have a chance of the playoffs. Warnock is good value in the division, but is he really going to improve us that much? 

I’d be happy with 10th to 15th after the season we’ve just had. Added to this we have let go senior players and as yet have not filled them. Is Grant Hall really going to make the difference? 

Im happy to reassess at the end of the transfer window, but right now where it stands? Pfttt no way in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong however. I just wish I had the same optimism as people who think we can make a play off push 😂

• Like 5

A player I would look at is Joe Hardy, playing for Liverpool U23. He has been at Man City and also Brentford. Has scored a lot of goals at junior, development and reserve team. Early 20’s I am sure he would want to play regular first team football. Worth a shout and not a player I have seen mentioned.

5 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Guys, whilst I am an occasional optimist with boro, there is absolutely 0 chance of us getting promoted this season. Can we please just curb our expectations a little bit? I don’t even think we’ll have a chance of the playoffs. Warnock is good value in the division, but is he really going to improve us that much? 

I’d be happy with 10th to 15th after the season we’ve just had. Added to this we have let go senior players and as yet have not filled them. Is Grant Hall really going to make the difference? 

Im happy to reassess at the end of the transfer window, but right now where it stands? Pfttt no way in my opinion. Happy to be proven wrong however. I just wish I had the same optimism as people who think we can make a play off push 😂

Agreed

We're several players worse off than last season's abomination with only Hall added

Warnock decent manager but not a miracle worker, couple of injuries away from relegation fodder plus 0 attempts so far to solve our creativity/pace problems 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)