oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Looking at Sanogo's time in the french league for Toulouse: 12 goals in 3664 minutes, Fletcher last season was 11 goals in 3224 minutes (with 7 assists) then Braithwaite at Toulouse in his last season there 11 goals in 2948 minutes. We paid what 7m for Fletcher and 9m for Braithwaite? I think his record is decent enough not to write him off, even if he comes in as third choice on a manageable contract I think it'd be good business given our circumstances, we really need senior players in for the squad.

Who knows if he's given an extended run in a team he might surprise a few and he's different to the weapons we've currently got available.

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, TAPOUT said:

Are you bored? Picking out a sentence out of the 3 or 4 replies I have made to base your argument  on. I have replied to you a couple of times and mentioned Britt and the midfield. Denial again? Or maybe just forgetful.

No, I've just pointed out you've blamed Fletcher for our attacking problems for the entire season. I responded to everything else you put point-by-point then I've responded to your next point essentially saying Fletcher is responsible for our lack of goals. What you've said before that is completely irrelevant to the line I've responded to.

And to think you're sat here thinking I'm in denial, crikey. 

Just now, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

he got us to 5th and 7th in the league with those tactics, the man is a genius

Jesus christ man, is this the footballing version of Stockholm syndrome?!

• Haha 2
11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I feel like, even given how poor we were last season, we shouldn't be judging players on whether they are worse value for money than Gestede and Nmecha.  That seems like a fairly low bar to set in my opinion.

My companies health and safety record has been examplary since we started using Chernobyl as our barometer

• Haha 11
1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

No, I've just pointed out you've blamed Fletcher for our attacking problems for the entire season. I responded to everything else you put point-by-point then I've responded to your next point essentially saying Fletcher is responsible for our lack of goals. What you've said before that is completely irrelevant to the line I've responded to.

And to think you're sat here thinking I'm in denial, crikey. 

So I havent mentioned the midfield or Britt? Dear me.

The Sanogo link is a funny one.  He's big, which is the only thing that Warnock is concerned about quite clearly, so the reasoning for signing him is obvious.  But he's never really done it anywhere, other than when he was a kid basically, and he's played fewer than 100 games at the age of 27.  Looks like one of those prospects who was good when he was younger, didn't develop much further than that but his career continues on because there are always people out there willing to sign a big bloke or who look at him and think there's a player in there somewhere, even if that player rarely seems to surface.  I doubt he's coming cheap in terms of his wages.  If we get him on a long enough contract he could be a direct replacement for Gestede, in just about every possible way 😓

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Changing Times said:

The Sanogo link is a funny one.  He's big, which is the only thing that Warnock is concerned about quite clearly, so the reasoning for signing him is obvious.  But he's never really done it anywhere, other than when he was a kid basically, and he's played fewer than 100 games at the age of 27.  Looks like one of those prospects who was good when he was younger, didn't develop much further than that but his career continues on because there are always people out there willing to sign a big bloke or who look at him and think there's a player in there somewhere, even if that player rarely seems to surface.  I doubt he's coming cheap in terms of his wages.  If we get him on a long enough contract he could be a direct replacement for Gestede, in just about every possible way 😓

The way the market is I don’t think players out of contracts can demand big wages. I’ve seen quite a lot of players out of contract saying it’s not easy especially when you are just another run of the mill footballer who doesn’t stand out. I certainly don’t think he’s going to get an increase on his last contract and I doubt that was a big one. If we offer more than 10k I’d be surprised. And with his injury record we need to make it performance based. 

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

The way the market is I don’t think players out of contracts can demand big wages. I’ve seen quite a lot of players out of contract saying it’s not easy especially when you are just another run of the mill footballer who doesn’t stand out. I certainly don’t think he’s going to get an increase on his last contract and I doubt that was a big one. If we offer more than 10k I’d be surprised. And with his injury record we need to make it performance based. 

I bet he was on upwards of 20k per week.  He won't have been cheap.

11 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

Sounds like a cross between Gestede and Aliadiere.

• Like 1

Given the Gazette's insistence all along that Moore, Dykes etc. weren't our main targets, and the apparent large amount of interest in Sanogo, do we think he was our number 1 target all along?

"The travelling squad includes summer signing Grant Hall, and youngsters Nathan Wood, Stephen Walker, Sam Folarin, and Sam Stubbs are all in Cornwall for the week."

Interesting to see Folarin involved. Didnt look like he played in the u23 game at the weekend judging by the photos released

2 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

Sounds like a cross between Gestede and Aliadiere.

That's quite a good comparison mate 👍

If Warnock really wants him and he's say £5k-£10k per week on a 2 year deal then fair enough.  But if it's £15k+ per week on a 3 or 4 year deal then I think we're just setting ourselves up for a fall.  Perhaps more to the point, you don't get better at something by doing the same basic thing over and over again.

• Like 1
Just now, Changing Times said:

That's quite a good comparison mate 👍

If Warnock really wants him and he's say £5k-£10k per week on a 2 year deal then fair enough.  But if it's £15k+ per week on a 3 or 4 year deal then I think we're just setting ourselves up for a fall.  Perhaps more to the point, you don't get better at something by doing the same basic thing over and over again.

I'm really hoping that whatever we agree to (I struggle to see him dropping below £15k p/w tbh) it's heavily linked to appearances. Like 50% of the total wage being based on starting games or at least coming on. Let's hope the master negotiators down at Rockliffe know that he's really quite injury prone.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)