oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I hope we're going to stream it on youtube like some of the other clubs have been, we've done that the last few preseasons haven't we 

Isn't there a media blackout at our request for this?

11 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

I hope we're going to stream it on youtube like some of the other clubs have been, we've done that the last few preseasons haven't we 

Full media blackout mate.

Good. Broadcasting your opening pre season games has always seemed daft to me. 

Players aren't at full tilt so no fans will be impressed. Also, there's always the chance you give away tactics or set pieces you're working on to your rivals.

• Like 3

Seem to have 2 decent strikers these Ryan Hardie and Luke Jephcott, Jephcott 7 in 14 last season 20 years old. Wish we could watch to see how whoever we start CB do

They lost their Marcus Maddison type player though George Cooper, went back to Peterborough after his loan ended

Our first pre season game in Austria last year was embarrassing granted the clown in charge fielded half our U23/U18 team but it was abysmal watching a chubby grey haired Austrian bloke run a midfield and all you hear on the audio is Woodgate saying QUICK QUICK QUICK QUICKER.

I'm hoping they let the Gazette in though I'd like some kind of match report on Stubbs/Browne/Bola to get an idea if any have a future beyond preseason with Warnock. 

I was listening to talk sport on the way into work this morning, Mario Melchiot was on talking about chelsea. He was saying the defenders there are all similar types of players and how that was a bad thing.

If you look at our team. all of them are the same we've had a group of midfielders who all do the same thing for donkeys years. 

To find the right balance we need to have many different style players, tacklers, runners, creative, skillful, aggressive, talkers, leaders etc. 

looking at the squad we have a group of players with no style, they are all robots and the boring unexciting football served up in the past is down to players/manager collectively. 

Hall ticks the right boxes hes something different to what we had. Roberts was like that to. I hope we do sign this stewart. he may be no better or even worse than what we have but he is a different type of player and may help with the teams balance. Roberts and sanogo are different to. sanogo might be a big unsless turd, but he will offer something different. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

I was listening to talk sport on the way into work this morning, Mario Melchiot was on talking about chelsea. He was saying the defenders there are all similar types of players and how that was a bad thing.

If you look at our team. all of them are the same we've had a group of midfielders who all do the same thing for donkeys years. 

To find the right balance we need to have many different style players, tacklers, runners, creative, skillful, aggressive, talkers, leaders etc. 

looking at the squad we have a group of players with no style, they are all robots and the boring unexciting football served up in the past is down to players/manager collectively. 

Hall ticks the right boxes hes something different to what we had. Roberts was like that to. I hope we do sign this stewart. he may be no better or even worse than what we have but he is a different type of player and may help with the teams balance. Roberts and sanogo are different to. sanogo might be a big unsless turd, but he will offer something different. 

Couldn’t agree more.

4 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Seem to have 2 decent strikers these Ryan Hardie and Luke Jephcott, Jephcott 7 in 14 last season 20 years old. Wish we could watch to see how whoever we start CB do

They lost their Marcus Maddison type player though George Cooper, went back to Peterborough after his loan ended

Watched Argyle with my lad a lot last season. Hardie was brilliant and I have said a few times how much I would have liked him at Boro if he hadn't committed to Argyle for another season. Jephcott was a rags-to-riches story, was out on loan at Truro and got called back due to injuries and he just hit the ground running. Big time.

Cooper and Mayor easily the standout performers for them. Mayor played as the 10 and Cooper on the Left hand side cutting in. Both very creative. Mayor very one-footed though.

For what it's worth, Lux Park is 10 minutes away from me. Got to go to Liskeard tomorrow so I'll find some suitable bushes and put my best KM hat on...

• Like 6
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)