oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Yeah i think one winger and a striker is the best we can hope for in those advanced positions - warnock has made it very clear he was happy with our wide options.

You've said this a number of times, but when has he made this clear?

2 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I had a look but can't find the exact quote, but he said a couple of times at the end of the season that we are OK on the wings because of the young guys. And then he really emphasised the need to improve the spine in this interviews early in the window without even mentioning the wide positions. 

7 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

He did sort of imply it. He mentioned the importance of the spine and that some of the young ones already at the club were exciting. I took it as @Neverbefore. I’d imagine though that if he gets the opportunity to add pace on the wings through a transfer deal he will take it.

2010 /2011 Adel Taraabt 

3 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

In Warnock teams which have gone up, what type of creative player has he had? In my head I want us to sign a CAM, but maybe Warnock sees the creativity from the wide areas instead?

Just had a look

QPR = Adel Taraabt

Cardiff = no standout CAM, but plenty of lw and rw options. (Pilkington, Mendez Laing, Hoilett) Hoilett was the top scorer with 9.

So maybe we won’t see again a creative midfielder as Warnock hasn’t really relied on that type of traditional CAM like a Gaston. He tends to go for box to box midfielders to get further forward whilst having wingers.

Not really anything that people will be surprised with in terms of his tactics, but  I would seem it very unlikely we would sign a creative player as a CAM. More likely to get the wingers from the Prem market as he has already identified. 

Roberts would be a good shout, but I have a feeling he will go elsewhere. Not sure which other wingers in the prem/championship would be surplus. 

Regardless of if we sign Roberts we would still need another one. Ideally you need 2/3 solid creative players. We only seem to ever get one creative player which means that player is under so much pressure to create for the team and we're often rely to much on just one player.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, RiversideRed said:

Regardless of if we sign Roberts we would still need another one. Ideally you need 2/3 solid creative players. We only seem to ever get one creative player which means that player is under so much pressure to create for the team and we're often rely to much on just one player.

Yep I agree. I just don't think we should expect it.

1 minute ago, RiversideRed said:

This. Even under Karanka we were 1 short really 

Just now, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

This. Even under Karanka we were 1 short really 

One short till gaston came in really - downing, adomah, gaston and even reach and stuani were enough for this level. In the premiership we were missing at least 2, maybe even 3.

12 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

I had a look but can't find the exact quote, but he said a couple of times at the end of the season that we are OK on the wings because of the young guys. And then he really emphasised the need to improve the spine in this interviews early in the window without even mentioning the wide positions. 

The spine of the team isn’t necessarily the middle of the pitch. I’d argue that Messi is THE spine of Barcelona but he is more of a creative wide man most of the time. The spine can just be 4-5 of the most important players on the pitch. 

I don't expect anything with the recruitment team we have. The whole setup is a total shambles and has been for years now. The club is so out of touch with modern football and don't seem to have any plan on catching it up.

Just now, TeaCider24 said:

You haven't got any sources.

Regardless if he has a genuine source I’m fully expecting Roberts to reject us. I think he will have more interesting offers than another struggle at us. 

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)