oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah this is the problem we have a midfield in Howson on 20-30k a week, saville 20k ish and McNair probably 20k ish. Wing be less like 10-15k. Yet when it comes match day no matter what combination we put on the pitch non of them can string 10 passes together and keep possession. It's like a game of hot potato we play non of them have composure on the ball.  😄 

Wing won't be on anywhere near that, he signed from non league remember

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

Yeah this is the problem we have a midfield in Howson on 20-30k a week, saville 20k ish and McNair probably 20k ish. Wing be less like 10-15k. Yet when it comes match day no matter what combination we put on the pitch non of them can string 10 passes together and keep possession. It's like a game of hot potato we play non of them have composure on the ball.  😄 

I'd be surprised if any of them were close to that, with the exception of McNair; Saville was on a very modest contract at Millwall, Wing came from paret time football and Howson has just signed a reduced terms contract.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Wing won't be on anywhere near that, he signed from non league remember

I'd say Saville and Mcnair on 15k max, but it's all guess work.

WIng will be on 5k if he's lucky considering his career so far

• Like 2

Squad sizes in the championship are this year to be limited to 25.  That only applies to players over 21

If we only have 20 that allows room for 5 more

Some of the First team maybe under 21 -  Spence and Coulson spring to mind and if that is the case  then we can sign another 7 players over 21

If older players do not want to come here for what ever reason then we have to look at adding Liddell and Malley, Stubbs and Wood to the squad.  They will not be counted in the 25 man squad.

I struggle to understand the reluctance to play younger guys.  I grew up with Clough and the £50 forward line.  Clough was a bit older, if I recollect correctly about 21 the others were younger.  The side that Mowbray led in the 1980s relied heavily on youth.

Youthful exuberance takes you a long way -  couple that with a few older heads and you have a blend of youth and experience that can be very beneficial

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

It wouldn't surprise me if McNair was on a fair whack, Sunderland signed him from United, whilst they were in Prem didn't they?

I don't think he is, he was a young defender at United which is not like the astronomical fees City youngsters or others are on now

• Like 2
5 hours ago, edinboro said:

Anyone know why we are playing so few friendlies? Only the one more against the skunks isn't there for the first team seems very light in terms of minutes on the legs of the players.

They played quite a few down here in Devon & Cornwall

I know its very slow on the transfer front but do we really need to start discussing current players wages. I mean the figures are just plucked out of thin air and people convince themselves that is what said player will be on.

Unless anyone has with they own eyes seen any players pay slip you are getting yourself worked up over literally guesswork.

The closest we get is "i know for a fact x player is on x amount because my mate plays 5 a side with said players brother in law and he told him who in turn told me". 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I am still like 99% sure that's just Isiah Cornet.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

I am still like 99% sure that's just Isiah Cornet.

I googled Ben Khalifa...But for some reason it wont let me reproduce the picture

2 minutes ago, Barnaby said:

I googled Ben Khalifa...But for some reason it wont let me reproduce the picture

I know what he looks like and it's absolutely nothing like the guy in the pic.

3 hours ago, tmcc said:

teams ranked by squad size:

Norwich: 35 

Barnsley: 34

watford/Stoke: 32

forrest: 31

Preston: 30

Bristol : 28

Brentford/rotherham: 27

Swansea/coventry: 26

Birmingham/Luton:25

bournemouth/Huddersfield/Derby/Blackburn/Reading:24

Cardiff/Millwall/Sheffield:23

QPR: 22

Middlesbrough/wycombe:20 

That’s all good and well if you have quality over quantity. We don’t.

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)