oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Because different managers have different opinions?

And different goalkeeper coaches. I bet the quality of goalkeeper impacts the strikers as well. Knocking them past poor keepers in training and then facing better in games must be a shock. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

28 minutes ago, mj south said:

If we played 352 this season would it be feasible to have a midfield 3 of Wing, Browne & Tav?

There's alot of pace and creativity there, I know there's no DM but with having 3 CBs plus wingbacks surly we wouldn't rely on a DM as much?

Just a thought on how we may start the season with what we have

Still need bite in the midfield though, even in a 3-5-2. You'd have to have Howson in there to anchor the midfield and help cover the wing backs going forward and to allow Tav the opportunity to go forward more.

If anything, the anchoring midfielder is even more important in a 3-5-2.

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

Again recruitment. Why did we sign Stoj if we weren’t going to have him as first choice? We spunked 1m on a second choice keeper and now quibble over giving players an extra 500 quid to their contract. 

I'm hoping this young data analytics guy we just hired will bring our recruitment into the 21st century. But it will take him abit of time to set it all up 

8 minutes ago, ManBearPig said:

But doesn’t that highlight how we have still just wasted a million quid?

Erm....no?

Stoj was scouted and bought under Woodgate. Clearly the club don't have confidence in Pears being our first choice keeper anytime soon, and neither do I.

Warnock saw him and obviously felt he wasn't good enough to be his #1 choice either, else he'd have played him over Stojanovic. If we're now looking for another goalkeeper then obviously Warnock has decided neither Pears not Stoj are good enough.

Can you blame Warnock for a signing he didn't make not being considered good enough to be a main part of his plan for the team?  

Just to follow up on Nixon talking about Phillips being too expensive, Blackburns local actually got Phillips asking price from Blackburn a few weeks ago and said it was too much for Blackburn so we do in fact know how much they're asking for... 800k.

Last year of his contract, wants to leave and was their player of the season I don't think 800k is far off his market value to be honest.

36 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

Still need bite in the midfield though, even in a 3-5-2. You'd have to have Howson in there to anchor the midfield and help cover the wing backs going forward and to allow Tav the opportunity to go forward more.

If anything, the anchoring midfielder is even more important in a 3-5-2.

And this would be why I'm not a coach 😂

Maybe abit too gun ho but trying to think how we could solve our lack of creativity with what we have

I'm not sure anyone of our midfielders other than Saville can really play in the holding role. He's the one with legs and bite. Neither Howson or McNair can play that role in my opinion.

I'm worried about playing 5 at the back at the moment as we don't have 3 senior centre backs. I don't want to start the season with McNair or Howson playing there. Are either Wood or Stubbs ready for a few games there? 

This is why I think Gibson is taking so much attention. He's key to the formation we want to play.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I'm not sure anyone of our midfielders other than Saville can really play in the holding role. He's the one with legs and bite. Neither Howson or McNair can play that role in my opinion.

I'm worried about playing 5 at the back at the moment as we don't have 3 senior centre backs. I don't want to start the season with McNair or Howson playing there. Are either Wood or Stubbs ready for a few games there? 

This is why I think Gibson is taking so much attention. He's key to the formation we want to play.

That and he's probably the only decent player we may viably get, based on recent failures

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, edinboro said:

I don't think any of our current midfielders can play the holding role. Warnock has said he is looking at midfielders so can see the need. Stewart hasn't gone anywhere yet so I imagine there is interest there still. I think he might go for another also. Added to a physical CF and I think he would be a lot happier. There's always the January window to add width if what we have aren't producing. 

1 hour ago, mj south said:

If we played 352 this season would it be feasible to have a midfield 3 of Wing, Browne & Tav?

There's alot of pace and creativity there, I know there's no DM but with having 3 CBs plus wingbacks surly we wouldn't rely on a DM as much?

Just a thought on how we may start the season with what we have

Its not feasible at all.

Tavernier can play CM but IMO still needs an experienced head beside him to guide him for a bit.

If Wing didnt occassionally score from distance he wouldnt be mentioned at all. Of the actual CMs we have he would be last choice.

Browne no. Hes not good enough to play in his first choice position let alone a more key one.

We are an absolute joke. How can we be this skint that we are struggling to get deals for bang average free agents and League One players over the line? Something is not right and has not been right for years. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, TheHolgate said:

Quadruple signing - Betinelli, Gibson, Roberts and errrrr Dwight Gayle 😏 

This place would have a positive meltdown. 

Any one of those woud lighten the mood on here

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)