oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

13 goals in just over 100 league 1 games. But we need to remind outselves of how it panned out with the previous 3 league 1 players we signed just 12 months ago. I really hope we set our ambition higher than League 1.

Yeah, signing a league one player is fine, by itself. Only signing league 1 players is where we went wrong last summer, so let's not repeat that.

• Like 4
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

When did we become so unambitious? This summer has seen the most poo bunch of names linked in the Riverside era. Not even top league 1 players, middling league 1 players at best with a bunch of crappy journeymen.

God its depressing.

• Like 3

Says in the echo Warnock views Browne as a key player and isn't for sale. I'm prepared to give the lad a chance, he went out on loan did well, came back and admitted he wasn't in the best head space last year and is up for the challenge. Warnock is a manager that will get it to click with him. Much more likely than the Woodgate. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Says in the echo Warnock views Browne as a key player and isn't for sale. I'm prepared to give the lad a chance, he went out on loan did well, came back and admitted he wasn't in the best head space last year and is up for the challenge. Warnock is a manager that will get it to click with him. Much more likely than the Woodgate. 

I've got a feeling Browne is going to have a decent season for us. Think we will see him in the #10 role.

• Like 1

I was excited about Browne last season but he was like a headless chicken and clearly trying too hard. I don’t think Woodgate had a clue how to coach or mentor him - here’s hoping Warnock has seen something he likes and wants to put the time in to develop. I’m putting a lot of faith in Warnock to improve these players but that’s all we’ve got! 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

He was playing as an 8 when he scored the goal against Plymouth 

maybe NW has seen him and thought great i can use him. thats one less transfer we have to make a risk on. when he was saying i need x amount of players for the spine etc he hadnt seen him had he. if hes come out and said he sees him as a key player that is a very good sign for him. maybe its just neil giving him a bit of player love like he does and still wants a player in to replace his spot. guess we'll have to wait and see.

13 minutes ago, wilsoncgp said:

The lad needs to improve a lot to be a central midfield player, in a 3 or behind a striker, in my opinion. I think in the 3-5-2 he'd be better off playing up front.

Think he played CM for Oxford quite a bit, and as someone else mentioned, he was playing as an 8 during the training game when he scored. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take up a CM role, or as a 10 if we play with one at any point.

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Dan_Boro_Till_I_Die said:

Well I pray Browne has a smashing season as we can't seem to recruit anymore attackers

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Think he played CM for Oxford quite a bit, and as someone else mentioned, he was playing as an 8 during the training game when he scored. Wouldn't be surprised to see him take up a CM role, or as a 10 if we play with one at any point.

LIKE OXLADE-CHAMBERLAIN type position/style

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)