oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

30 minutes ago, LewisBoroPalfrey said:

Exactly the same with me. I've proper lost interest in this season with our recruitment, the excitements slowly been killed day by day since the kit release

Hopefully a new signing will kickstart it again 

Or by dicking a premier league team 5-1?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

47 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I think there's a combination of things that are at work, proven in Warnock's 4 wins out of 8 last season, that combined with 4-5 new signings will make us a top 6 side.

1) Our last manager was Teesside Football League level he devalued so many players by getting the worst out of them

2) Our youngsters are at the age where they should be developing into the first team quality we'd expect from their potential (Tav)

3) We have players throughout our squad from Howson/McNair/Saville/Fletcher/Wing that have either showed capabilities of getting top Championship level returns from like Fletcher + Wing or in the others case have underperformed for years with us not bringing out the levels they've proved at other clubs.

4) Britt. This league has showed many times over the years if a striker can produce over 20 goals in a decent team that's an edge that can lift a whole team up a division, Britt was bought on this premise and while he's returned decent figures if he can have an extra gear this year and stay fit he could be a difference maker.

Add 4-5 signings for what Warnock wants, adding a bit of depth and competition, tighten up our defence and add an extra 20 goals I don't see why we couldn't be up there maybe right up there. Watford are banking on a washed up Andre Gray and an aged Glenn Murray our strikeforce has better recent form than them we aren't far away.

they still have danny welbeck to dont they? and has deeney left to? either way they have a several very good players and will be capable of putting a strong run together and should be in the mix at the top.

The lack of transfer activity is even more frustrating as it actually looks like Warnock COULD have got a handle on things. If we could only get some deals done we may actually get some momentum and do something next season. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dynamo Kev said:

they still have danny welbeck to dont they? and has deeney left to? either way they have a several very good players and will be capable of putting a strong run together and should be in the mix at the top.

I agree...their major hope is that these guys won't want to jump ship ..will help them that international considerations not really a factor and they have ability to keep wages at same level....they will have to reacquaint themselves with Championship refereeing though

57 minutes ago, Tobermory Whitby said:

Britt has never scored more than 15 goals in a season in the Championship.  He has scored more than 15 in a season once in his career, in League One.

He has scored 9 in 11 games under Warnock. He just needs a manager to play to his strengths and he will thrive. I can see a big season ahead for Britt.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Blimey looking at all the Birmingham fans on twitter reacting to Clayton and Friend... They’re easily pleased aren’t they? 😂 

Both playing with a manager who got the best out of them, Clayton at least definitely with something to offer at this level and especially in a Karanka team. I wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility that Aitor gets more out of Friend than any manager has here since he left, either.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jamie-H said:

I think there's a combination of things that are at work, proven in Warnock's 4 wins out of 8 last season, that combined with 4-5 new signings will make us a top 6 side.

1) Our last manager was Teesside Football League level he devalued so many players by getting the worst out of them

2) Our youngsters are at the age where they should be developing into the first team quality we'd expect from their potential (Tav)

3) We have players throughout our squad from Howson/McNair/Saville/Fletcher/Wing that have either showed capabilities of getting top Championship level returns from like Fletcher + Wing or in the others case have underperformed for years with us not bringing out the levels they've proved at other clubs.

4) Britt. This league has showed many times over the years if a striker can produce over 20 goals in a decent team that's an edge that can lift a whole team up a division, Britt was bought on this premise and while he's returned decent figures if he can have an extra gear this year and stay fit he could be a difference maker.

Add 4-5 signings for what Warnock wants, adding a bit of depth and competition, tighten up our defence and add an extra 20 goals I don't see why we couldn't be up there maybe right up there. Watford are banking on a washed up Andre Gray and an aged Glenn Murray our strikeforce has better recent form than them we aren't far away.

Britt was pretty much a 1 in 2 striker with Forest in this league and with Peterborough in League 1, he just suffered with injuries.

Hell, even Monk had him scoring at a rate of almost 1 in 2!!

Since then he's been hampered by Pulis and Woodgate coaching, and, as someone already said, he's scoring for fun under Warnock. 

Dont write off Britt scoring 20 this season

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Adamjr9 said:

Blimey looking at all the Birmingham fans on twitter reacting to Clayton and Friend... They’re easily pleased aren’t they? 😂 

Think it goes to show that fans just want shiny new players and expect them to be better than what they've already got... 

• Like 2

if they were signing the players of five years ago, then they would be getting two good pros...but last two seasons have highlighted that both are no longer at their peak..and unless they miraculously find a bit of pace, they are still going to be found out over the season....hope they do well....except against us

7 hours ago, wilsoncgp said:

Both playing with a manager who got the best out of them, Clayton at least definitely with something to offer at this level and especially in a Karanka team. I wouldn't put it beyond the realms of possibility that Aitor gets more out of Friend than any manager has here since he left, either.

I've got a feeling that Clayton might be able to rediscover his form under the right manager, I think he's got a couple of good seasons in him yet. I'm not so sure about Friend, his strength was always his athleticism and his energy which he just doesn't seem to have nowadays. 

8 hours ago, Foogle said:

Think it goes to show that fans just want shiny new players and expect them to be better than what they've already got... 

Probably the best statement to date.. I like the way you think.. 😀

• Thanks 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)