oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Macauley Bonne they apparently want 1 mill for but would make sense given what Warnock says we're looking for he'd be great.

Speaking of Charlton I'd love Josh Cullen in as a holding mid his contracts up next summer with West Ham he was one of Charltons best players would be a solid signing.

• Like 1

2 million + 70% of wages - no wonder we are not in for him and glad. I mean do we want to limit ourselves to just him and not being able to afford others coming in ? 

Don't get me wrong I'd love to have him - but this is what I mentioned earlier about the only clubs that can afford this are the teams that got relegated and have parachute payments. 

On left footed CBs, anyone see much of Naby Sarr at Charlton last season? Can't say I watched much of him, but he's now a Free Agent - scored 3 and assisted 5 last tern, which is pretty decent for a CB... No idea if he can defend though!

Edited by Snowblind
  • Like 1
14 minutes ago, Poly said:

Guess everyone who said Gibson deal had been agreed was fed bullshit then

I for one are over the moon this gibson saga is nearly over. Personally i dont think he is as good as eceryone makes out. Did well in an ultra defensive team thats what got him his move. And theres a reason why hes never olayed for burnley

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
2 hours ago, Smogzilla said:

From the Echo:

Rather than blame Boro’s recruitment department for the lack of success on the transfer front, Warnock feels too many agents are failing to grasp the reality of football’s new financial outlook.

“I had a striker that I quite liked at the start of the window,” he said. “I know the agent, who’s a good man, I like him. I asked him about him, and the striker wanted £35,000-a-week. I said, ‘Well that’s beyond us, we can’t afford that’.

“They said, ‘But he’s a free transfer so there’s no transfer fee, so we’re going to get that figure’. I just said, ‘Well, good luck to you’. I’ve been offered him this week for £15,000-a-week. People haven’t been in the real world.”

Reckon he's just spinning a yarn or is that genuine? If so I wonder who it is. 

I hope this recalibrates some peoples expectations and the misplaced view that the club has been at fault fir not landing their targets.

This passage From Warnock is the reality of where we are.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Mfcdanny said:

I for one are over the moon this gibson saga is nearly over. Personally i dont think he is as good as eceryone makes out. Did well in an ultra defensive team thats what got him his move. And theres a reason why hes never olayed for burnley

I’m not sure he was that bad, but I certainly didn’t want him back, I’m hoping the days of Steve Gibson’s “gifts” are in the past. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Snowblind said:

On left footed CBs, anyone see much of Naby Sarr at Charlton last season? Can't say I watched much of him, but he's now a Free Agent - scored 3 and assisted 5 last tern, which is pretty decent for a CB... No idea if he can defend though!

The only thing I remember him for was his OG v Sunderland in the play off final. Don't know if he's any good. 

1 minute ago, Jonny Ingbar said:

I hope this recalibrates some peoples expectations and the misplaced view that the club has been at fault fir not landing their targets.

This passage From Warnock is the reality of where we are.

Not really.  It's just one player, not all of them.  That clearly hasn't been happening with other players.

1 hour ago, Tarmo said:

Got a text off a mate just now saying Gibson is supposedly close to joining Norwich. We couldn't agree terms with Burnley. 

Can imagine a bit of a meltdown commencing if this turns out to be true...

Don't shoot the messenger fellas

just because alan nixon has reported it probably... and its the sun... can't see him joining tbh

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)