oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

19 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Not a hope Bola hasnt yet shown he can even play LB/LWB.

Imagine that LCB spot is a more limited role where he literally has to tackle and pass, with instructions not to push forward.

No getting caught out of position or attempting to make runs and not delivering well. Just tackle the player, cover a bit wider when Marv is going forward, and then pass the ball as soon as he gets it.

A much more limited role may be the making of him.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Wouldn’t it be better to just give the LCB spot to Wood and then shift Fry to RCB. 

I didn't know what footed Wood was. Is that where he played last night? By all accounts Dijksteel was good last night so I'd be tempted to let him carry on at RCB and put Fry in the centre in place of Hall

3 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

I didn't know what footed Wood was. Is that where he played last night? By all accounts Dijksteel was good last night so I'd be tempted to let him carry on at RCB and put Fry in the centre in place of Hall

And have three relatively inexperienced players in defence, I'm not sure that would be good imo. People seem to have made their mind up that hall is no good, but his experience could help organise them a bit. Time will tell. Fry is very quiet and doesn't seem to direct ppl much, from what I've seen. 

25 minutes ago, OldManGravz said:

Imagine that LCB spot is a more limited role where he literally has to tackle and pass, with instructions not to push forward.

No getting caught out of position or attempting to make runs and not delivering well. Just tackle the player, cover a bit wider when Marv is going forward, and then pass the ball as soon as he gets it.

A much more limited role may be the making of him.

Well he hasnt ever played centre back in his career and isnt tall enough. Get someone in who can play that role and get rid of Bola unless he can play the LB/LWB role.

57 minutes ago, thatoldchestnut said:

Not a hope Bola hasnt yet shown he can even play LB/LWB.

But he also only made 7 appearances for us last year for a team that was an absolute mess. He’s 22, had a top season for Blackpool in 18/19. He could come good. 

1 hour ago, "KM" said:

Yet if DJed Spence scored and got an assist people would be talking him up. I’ve said from the start that Marvin Johnson really hasn’t had a fair crack at it the Boro fans haven’t liked him since his displays under Monk when let’s face it most of the players were ****. Now every time he puts a foot wrong the fans kick off but when he does something good the fans still don’t want to compliment him. 

It was maybe a bit harsh but lets be honest he has been exceptionally poor for us since he was signed, baring the odd decent game towards the end of last season. He deserves a fair crack this season though and I'll happily eat my words if he comes good but a goal and an assist against a League 1 side does not really change my opinion on him whatsoever as that is basically his level as far as I'm concerned. 

• Like 2

Bola got caught out with high balls over the top when he was playing LB last season, he’s not a CB in any way, shape or form. If we need a left sided CB we should probably have done more to keep George, but it feels like Warnock has only really just decided to go three at the back because of lack of signings. 
Im excited to see if Wood gets a chance this season, he is very impressive. 

On 9/3/2020 at 8:18 PM, Boro Banker said:

Johnson main role as a wingback is to attack and add width, he did that pretty well. 

Playing with high wingbacks opens us up for counters - watch the game and see how many times Spence was around the opposition box and Johnson also pushed up. 

Issue is a lack of balance. Dijksteel is comfortable being dragged out wide, Fry isn't. So when the wingbacks go, one side is at more risk than the other. 

Add limited pace for fry and Hall and the risk grows. Throw in a lack of a dedicated DCM who can sniff out risk and shuffle across or drop deep depending on the position of the wingbacks or CBs and you can see why we are vulnerable in the defensive third. 

A few signings and more practice and we could solve it and make it work defensively, which would then help us be more controlled going forward. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)