oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Just can't see us getting Woodrow now if 4 clubs have agreed a fee. Chances of us being financially and footballing wise the most appealing is small.

Only 1 of the 4 clubs have bids agreed. 

Assombalonga, Fletcher, Sanogo, Tavernier, Browne and (hopefully) Woodrow are good attacking options. Add that to the pace we’ve got out wide from Spence, Johnson and Coulson and it’s potentially very exciting. Bettinelli, Morsey and another CB would make this a great transfer window in my opinion.

is there any info on outgoings? i ask cause i assume midfielders will be leaving as currently we have, tav, browne, wing, mcnair, saville, howson in midfield with forlian and liddle as youth back up, and were adding morsey by the sound of things.  

12 minutes ago, Raf smog said:

As discussed the other day morsey was here all weekend Warnock met him over the weekend at rockcliffe. Club very confident will be completed soon left Sunday/ Monday, sanogo did 1st part of medical over seas,  but both him and his agent have been isolating. 2nd part tomorrow., club got annoyed when he agreed but club got suspicous his agent was still touting him around. Woodrow 1 of 4 clubs had offer agreed for him, will only go to a team he will start and not bench warm for and wants to stay north believe he’s from Harrogate.

Think we have w chance of getting him Raf? 

1 minute ago, Raf smog said:

Palace and Brighton have been mentioned as has sheff wed but I’m not sure too be honest

Thanks. I think you are correct with those. If he is true to wanting to stay north, then it narrows it down to Boro and -12 points Sheffield Wednesday

2 minutes ago, TheHolgate said:

Just can't see us getting Woodrow now if 4 clubs have agreed a fee. Chances of us being financially and footballing wise the most appealing is small.

we have similar wage budgets to quite a few teams. anyone who thinks we cant or dont offer as much is wrong imo. we fob greedy agents off and lose out on players because of it. gibson made it well known how much he hates them. agents how to much power over players imo. they tell players where to go so they get the best deal for themselves. players probably dont have a clue what deals they are getting until after all the contracts have been sorted with the agents. a few times we've heard players agreed terms etc but joined someone else. the little teessider attitude of they dont want to join our little town blah blah. its all rubbish. we are still an attractive club to players. we look after our players really well and the facilities are amazing. mfc is a great place to work imo. 

• Like 4
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)