oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

22 minutes ago, TeaCider24 said:

I was thinking about our weakness at left back and I just remembered Sam McQueen.

He's not played a game of football since he was injured playing for us nearly 2 years ago. Poor guy.

Talking of left backs Harry Pickering, at Crewe, has some absolutely ridiculous stats from last season. Admittedly he was playing League 2 football, but we were targeting Goode who also had a really good season in League 2.

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, A21 said:

It’s not as simple as that. Having a job we view as a ‘dream job’ and a good salary doesn’t make you immune from the temptations or struggles in life. 

I get that. But if they can’t steer away from that then I can fully understand the club losing patience and letting them go and they end up in lower league obscurity. Let’s hope Walker sees the light and breaks through here. 

I think we'll be in a pretty good position if we are able to get morsy over the line as well as sanogo and woodrow. I reckon we could do with a proper left back though. I'd love to see roberts back too if the price is right

4 minutes ago, Borodane said:

I get that. But if they can’t steer away from that then I can fully understand the club losing patience and letting them go and they end up in lower league obscurity. Let’s hope Walker sees the light and breaks through here. 

It’s a results driven business at the end of the day and devoting time and resources on someone you’re not going to get a return from is bad business. Maybe he has issues we don’t know about, maybe he’s just a d!ckhead, but like you I hope he comes good. Been a long time since an academy striker has come through and impressed.

5 minutes ago, ErimusFootball said:

I *really* like the sound of this Morsy fella.

20200910_204039.jpg

Absolute legend. 

Especially down to the detailing of rephrasing Shelvey's own wording to use against him.

18/10. A****. And a Knighthood.

47 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Not professional enough. Has had a few warnings from managers here. Hopefully he’s sorted himself out, personally I think he’s got a lot of talent. 

Seems to be a running theme with some of our hot prospects from Porritt, Park, Jones, Chapman etc. I hope he has sorted himself out but its sad to see so many of our "next big things" not live up to their potential.

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Talking of left backs Harry Pickering, at Crewe, has some absolutely ridiculous stats from last season. Admittedly he was playing League 2 football, but we were targeting Goode who also had a really good season in League 2.

Just to add onto this, I've compared some stats from Pickering compared to our Left Backs. He has higher success percentages on every category. Obviously Coulson, Johnson and Bola's statistics come from minutes played in the Championship, compared to Pickering's in League Two.

image.thumb.png.793c2aa57078917773418f4bcbabdfd1.png

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)