oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

@diggerlad07 is it a permanent or a loan you know mate? I would prefer latter myself.

Also does anyone know what fee was for Morsy?

And finally does anyone know what Mendez Laings breach was? I would quite like him here but all depends on what he done wrong i guess?

I know Clayton wasn't Makelele and now he's not the player he was, but he got totally underrated on this board as well. 

He was as good as anyone in the division for a couple of seasons and that wasn't just for his tackling ability, he could play as well. 

• Like 10
6 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

@diggerlad07 is it a permanent or a loan you know mate? I would prefer latter myself.

And finally does anyone know what Mendez Laings breach was? I would quite like him here but all depends on what he done wrong i guess?

This is the view on Mendez-Laing situation here in Cardiff 

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/everything-know-far-nathaniel-mendez-18917073

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

Oh it's definitely a loan. They are asking £1million loan fee and 70% of his wages covered but not sure how much he's on 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Duvel said:

I know Clayton wasn't Makelele and now he's not the player he was, but he got totally underrated on this board as well. 

He was as good as anyone in the division for a couple of seasons and that wasn't just for his tackling ability, he could play as well. 

Aye, I remember when everyone thought Clayton shouldn't be in the team going into the promotion season, that Forshaw should be alongside Leadbitter instead. I liked Forshaw, thought he was a good fit for our midfield but didn't quite have the same crunchiness that Clayton provided. Clayton's passing was fine, people just thought he couldn't pass beyond 5 yards because those were primarily the passes he was asked to make to keep it simple in midfield.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Oh it's definitely a loan. They are asking £1million loan fee and 70% of his wages covered but not sure how much he's on 

Can’t imagine he is on more than 30 k after promotion (which is still a lot). I’d expect both things to be reduced. Split the wages and a 600k fee  

1 minute ago, wilsoncgp said:

Aye, I remember when everyone thought Clayton shouldn't be in the team going into the promotion season, that Forshaw should be alongside Leadbitter instead. I liked Forshaw, thought he was a good fit for our midfield but didn't quite have the same crunchiness that Clayton provided. Clayton's passing was fine, people just thought he couldn't pass beyond 5 yards because those were primarily the passes he was asked to make to keep it simple in midfield.

Clayton has absolutely immense for two seasons under Karanka, was asked to play a DM role and done it perfectly. Personally loved watching us play in that Era going into games bossing midfield. 

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Borodane said:

Zohore is apparently injured and is not training with the WBA squad. Wonder if it’s because a move is imminent or if he’s genuinely injured. 

Think that’s the standard line to give to journos when someone has been left out even if the real reason has nothing to do with fitness. I remember we did the same with Tomlin when we sold him to Bournemouth

• Like 1

Clayton was brilliant under Karanka and you can't fault him for that. But when we got relegated back down to the Championship the entire midfielder should have been overhauled. Unfortunately he became too slow for the Championship and we still need to add some much needed pace into that area of midfield but at least with Morsy we'll have some aggression in there now because we have missed that since Leadbitter.

2 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

But why can't we just get Jacob Murphy and Patrick Robert's on loan's then we actually have a supply line for Britt and Fletcher. We won't be toothless

Yes. And revert to a standard 4-4-2. Sell McNair and get a real LB and play Dijksteel at rb. 

• Like 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)