oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Small nugget from my Boro WhatsApp group, there is someone booked in at rockliffe tonight for negotiations tomorrow, any of the ITK on here heard anything? Hopefully a striker or winger 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

This confirms what Warnock said about Zohore that he's on a massive wage packet after promotion that alone might have ended our interest in him, even with a clear run up and funds to buy him permanently Sheff Wed can't match the wages he's on.

23 minutes ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

Small nugget from my Boro WhatsApp group, there is someone booked in at rockliffe tonight for negotiations tomorrow, any of the ITK on here heard anything? Hopefully a striker or winger 

@nunthorpered seems to be the guy itk lately. Hopefully he might have something for us.

1 hour ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

Can’t imagine it’ll be a winger

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-cardiff-citys-mystery-striker-16686971

Ok so here's an interesting comparison to our situation, last year Warnock had a mystery striker target on a 2 million budget he wanted a tall and fast striker (he seems more keen on the tall part this time). They eventually unmasked his main target as Ibrahima Niane who scored 10 goals in 30 matches in Ligue 2 the season before. He couldn't get him in the end so settled on Isaac Vassell right at the end of the window.

Between Sala/Niane/Sanogo he seems to love the French market for forwards, got to remember this striker position seems to have quite a bit of budget to it given the offer for Moore and wage packet of Sanogo I'm not sure how far that kind of money goes in the French market but I think it's a given we're looking in Europe right now because domestically nothing fits the bill financially.

Waiting around doesn't seem like an option either given the reason for not signing Sanogo was that he wouldn't be fit until October. If his recruitment model here follows Cardiff after we get a big lump in he might target that pacey option as a 4th which might excite the people hoping we sign pacey wingers.

Edited by Jamie-H
12 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/who-cardiff-citys-mystery-striker-16686971

Ok so here's an interesting comparison to our situation, last year Warnock had a mystery striker target on a 2 million budget he wanted a tall and fast striker (he seems more keen on the tall part this time). They eventually unmasked his main target as Ibrahima Niane who scored 10 goals in 30 matches in Ligue 2 the season before. He couldn't get him in the end so settled on Isaac Vassell right at the end of the window.

Between Sala/Niane/Sanogo he seems to love the French market for forwards, got to remember this striker position seems to have quite a bit of budget to it given the offer for Moore and wage packet of Sanogo I'm not sure how far that kind of money goes in the French market but I think it's a given we're looking in Europe right now because domestically nothing fits the bill financially.

Waiting around doesn't seem like an option either given the reason for not signing Sanogo was that he wouldn't be fit until October. If his recruitment model here follows Cardiff after we get a big lump in he might target that pacey option as a 4th which might excite the people hoping we sign pacey wingers.

I think your right there. It’s clear he wants a Target Man (Moore, Zahore) and a pacey striker (Sanogo, Bonne). It’s going to be interesting these next few weeks, I can see us acting fast because if Britt or Fletch get injured we have no one... 

Bobby Wood is a player I’d look at, he’s mentioned in that article too.

• Like 1

I think NW would be willing to move Britt or fletch on, I'm surprised that fletch at least hasn't been offered a deal that we know of, I'd hate to lose them both for nothing 

1 hour ago, BOROTRON5000 said:

I think NW would be willing to move Britt or fletch on, I'm surprised that fletch at least hasn't been offered a deal that we know of, I'd hate to lose them both for nothing 

In order for him to be willing to move either on we’d need to get 3 strikers this window. Also he likes both of them, so I doubt it anyway.

BORO need to prove they support the town and cough up four to six players Warnock wants and fast. I don’t just mean any player but those he named and not dross offloads from clubs we are competing against. I don’t want to read talk up of a player we had no intention to target but end up with.  Act now or repent! 

Missing targets on and off the field seems to be a BORO trait almost in its DNA and it’s laying the club to rest. Do something, do it now! 

1 minute ago, sanddancer said:

BORO need to prove they support the town and cough up four to six players Warnock wants and fast. I don’t just mean any player but those he named and not dross offloads from clubs we are competing against. I don’t want to read talk up of a player we had no intention to target but end up with.  Act now or repent! 

Missing targets on and off the field seems to be a BORO trait almost in its DNA and it’s laying the club to rest. Do something, do it now! 

iron man eye roll GIF

• Like 3
  • Wow 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)