oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

39 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Maybe that isn't far from the truth!

What if we get a decent offer for either Britt or Fletcher? We aren't in a position to turn it down with only a year remaining of their contracts (not to mention wages that are currently unsustainable). We do need at least 3 probably 4 Strikers and Walker is nowhere near ready for this level so his signing makes sense but it wouldn't surprise me that having signed him we also sell one.

For me, Britt probably offers more but his wage is so restrictive for us. To get more out of him we probably need to play higher up the pitch and with our deficiencies in midfield we are not suddenly develop the ability to play through teams. I think he will be more productive for us with a big physical type up alongside, which will lead to a more direct approach, but possibly more productive. If that happened though he is more than likely going to go for free at the end of the season as there is no way we will be matching his current salary no matter how many goals he scores. If we get an offer we would have to factor in the fact that we need to get a replacement, but if it was north of £5m I would probably accept it. I have never rated Fletcher so I would quite happily let him go now. But that is just my opinion.

I do think we need to back Warnock here. Theres no way Akpom is going to solve all our problems on his own, just as Roberts wouldn’t, for those who want him. If the rumours are correct that we are targeting a CB and CF on loan then if there is any money left I would be trying for a couple of genuine fullbacks. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Foogle said:

Its usual for sell on fees to only be on profit isn't it? So they're not being fleeced, especially if he's told them he wants to go back to England.

"Arsenal placed sell-on clauses in the contracts to ensure it would receive 40% of the fee if Akpom was sold to a British club but only 30% from any other team.

Frosinone was also given an incentive to not later sell Campbell back to a British club as 30% of the fee would have to be paid to Arsenal. But the London club would receive only 25% of the transfer fee if Campbell was sold to a club elsewhere. "

Morsy had a sell on of 10% of any fee above 200k I think the profit percentage is rarer than a fee percentage to be honest. Scandalous stuff from Arsenal in my opinion the British clause is the one that got them in trouble with Fifa but to put such high sell ons onto future fees is a highly unusual practice anything beyond 20% is pushing it. We apparently have given them a 10% sell on as part of the deal so after reading what Arsenal have done to them I hope we turn this lad into a proper player and get a big fee. PAOK launched this lads career and are going to get 1 and a half million for him out of a 2.8 million fee doesn't sit right with me at all.

• Like 1
11 minutes ago, jimbob38 said:

With his goal scoring record in this league plus our lack of creativity i don't think that passion will be on show much

Lets just give him a chance first, hopefully they will be a few more creative players to help the strikers out come the end of the window

2 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

"Arsenal placed sell-on clauses in the contracts to ensure it would receive 40% of the fee if Akpom was sold to a British club but only 30% from any other team.

Frosinone was also given an incentive to not later sell Campbell back to a British club as 30% of the fee would have to be paid to Arsenal. But the London club would receive only 25% of the transfer fee if Campbell was sold to a club elsewhere. "

Morsy had a sell on of 10% of any fee above 200k I think the profit percentage is rarer than a fee percentage to be honest. Scandalous stuff from Arsenal in my opinion the British clause is the one that got them in trouble with Fifa but to put such high sell ons onto future fees is a highly unusual practice anything beyond 20% is pushing it. We apparently have given them a 10% sell on as part of the deal I think after reading what Arsenal have done to them I hope we turn this lad into a proper player and get a big fee. PAOK launched this lads career and are going to get 1 and a half million for him out of a 2.8 million fee doesn't sit right with me at all.

PAOK could have just turned down Arsenals demands. It's not scandalous from Arsenal. PAOK could have probably paid more up front and negotiated a lower clause or looked elsewhere.

Just now, BG93 said:

Lets just give him a chance first, hopefully they will be a few more creative players to help the strikers out come the end of the window

If he couldn’t do it in this league when he was 17-18 years old he won’t be able to do it now 😁

• Haha 4

It's clear Warnock is using the budget to how he feels its best used. We do need to address the lack of creativity once again but lets see if he changes his tact after last night's viewing. 

Its clear were not going to sign wingers when we are playing 352 isn't that obvious? Some people on here need a reality check, writing of this striker before he has even kicked a ball for us. I bet the next linked player will get thrown under the bus too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
13 minutes ago, jimbob38 said:

With his goal scoring record in this league plus our lack of creativity i don't think that passion will be on show much

I'm not sure you can judge him on a loan spell in this league when he was 19. He's a cheap body in a thin squad and at least he's got a turn of pace and a trick in him...

Just now, BG93 said:

what makes you hope that? We have had some of best strikers in this league goal scoring wise (for other teams) then do everything in our power to play them in the opposite way to what they've been affective their whole career. Whats more likely is that Fletcher or Ass will be dropped and we'll carry on punting up field to a guy that has a 1in 6 Sh*thouse 

2 minutes ago, Foogle said:

I'm not sure you can judge him on a loan spell in this league when he was 19. He's a cheap body in a thin squad and at least he's got a turn of pace and a trick in him...

No but 14 goals in two season in Greece doesn't fill me with hope either

2 minutes ago, Borodane said:

PAOK could have just turned down Arsenals demands. It's not scandalous from Arsenal. PAOK could have probably paid more up front and negotiated a lower clause or looked elsewhere.

The practice of inserting those mammoth clauses is the scandalous part after the million pound fee they paid for him they're probably making half a million on him after 2 years there it's harsh, that's why the reported fee is differing between 3.3 and 3 million euros it might have been 3 million for non British clubs but we had to top up 10% to make up for Arsenal's British clause.

3m .. Come on .. It's way better than spending 8m on Saville and 6m on Fletcher .. And don't get me startet on Gestede and others .. 

I swear to god, some people can find problems to every solution in the world .. It's like they are addicted to moaning .. 

Fans: We need another forward .. Not to old.. why don't we explore other European leagues .. blah blah ..

Club: Signs a youngish forward from a European legue for a fee lower than 80 % of our transfers during the last 5 years .. 

Fans: He sucks, he is way to expensive... Greek league sucks .. Another Arsenal reject, moan moan moan ...

• Like 11
1 minute ago, SmogDane said:

3m .. Come on .. It's way better than spending 8m on Saville and 6m on Fletcher .. And don't get me startet on Gestede and others .. 

I swear to god, some people can find problems to every solution in the world .. It's like they are addicted to moaning .. 

Fans: We need another forward .. Not to old.. why don't we explore other European leagues .. blah blah ..

Club: Signs a youngish forward for a fee lower than 80 % of our transfers during the last 5 years .. 

Fans: He sucks, he is way to expensive... Greek league sucks .. Another Arsenal reject, moan moan moan ...

I'm certainly not writing him off, I'll wait until 20 minutes into his debut before doing that!

• Haha 4