oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm not usually in favour of going for players who have reputations for attitude problems, leopards and spots and all that. But I do think with a team as functional and as rigid as ours, Marcus Maddison wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, assuming the wages were at the lower end of the scale. As an option off the bench, even having an impact a handful of times over the season could make a difference.

However, I'd imagine that if we're still in for Roberts, he's probably going to fill that same spot in the squad. 

I am sure you are right. We arent going to bring in two winger type players and if Roberts is achievable it will be him.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

10 minutes ago, Tom said:

I'm not usually in favour of going for players who have reputations for attitude problems, leopards and spots and all that. But I do think with a team as functional and as rigid as ours, Marcus Maddison wouldn't be the worst signing in the world, assuming the wages were at the lower end of the scale. As an option off the bench, even having an impact a handful of times over the season could make a difference.

However, I'd imagine that if we're still in for Roberts, he's probably going to fill that same spot in the squad. 

Agree regarding Maddison. Every transfer is a risk, his would be a bigger risk than most, and there is no guarantee that we'd be able to get the best out of him. But if his wage demands are favourable, I'd be willing to give him a go. His best football is undoubtedly in the number 10 role, but at Peterborough he was at times just as effective when out wide (at Hull he was poor out wide, but he barely had any games). 

You'd hope that maybe this summer has been a bit of a wake up call for him regarding his demands, as it's not like he has a queue of suitors at his door.

Also think you're right in terms of us being in for Roberts. If we get him, I cannot see us shelling out on a 2nd similar player.

14 minutes ago, Tom said:

If we were confident that Maddison could slot into the dressing room without being disruptful and his wages were sensible I don't see a problem in signing him. 

He might not be good enough for this level but who knows he might flourish at a bigger club with better players around him. 

The other side of that is many clubs must have done their homework and the fact that no one is signing him is a worry. 

Maybe he's just asking for stupid money and there's nothing more to it than that 🤷‍♂️ 

52 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

I think we would be conceding 5 every game if we did that

Chelsea under conte and wolves examples of great solidity with the 343 formation, why do you think it would results in conceding 5 every game?

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Gazetteteaboy said:

Sick of reading about Roberts, Murphy, and Maddison in this thread. We arent interested in them and we arent looking for players in those positions. Mentioning them every 10 mins in this thread doesnt change that.

Welcome to the forum 🙄

• Like 3
  • Haha 3
  • Thanks 1

Have to admit the Maddison debate is a bit boring now lol we have it every window. 

Some people think he’s talented and worth a go, specially for a free. Other people think he’s a doyle and wonder why nobody touches him even on a free. Cue 5 pages of people making those 2 arguments in different ways.

6 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Have to admit the Maddison debate is a bit boring now lol we have it every window. 

Some people think he’s talented and worth a go, specially for a free. Other people think he’s a doyle and wonder why nobody touches him even on a free. Cue 5 pages of people making those 2 arguments in different ways.

Isn't the forum just repeated conversations over and over again? 

We're hardly changing the world with our discussions on here 😂

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, Gazetteteaboy said:

Sick of reading about Roberts, Murphy, and Maddison in this thread. We arent interested in them and we arent looking for players in those positions. Mentioning them every 10 mins in this thread doesnt change that.

Thanks for that insight. 

• Like 3
54 minutes ago, Gazetteteaboy said:

Indeed welcome to the forum GTB always love a negative post much better than saying hi to everyone😉

Pretty sure you will find other threads you can moan about as well!

And also you chose to bring them up again.................go figure!

Joking aside have fun on the forum

• Haha 2