oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

We need a left back more than we need a right back.  In fact we need a left back more than we need a centre back, as we quite clearly don't have an adequate one in the squad, at least as far as Warnock is concerned.  If Johnson can play as badly as he has, and not get hooked, then Warnock's opinion of the other two must be on a par with his opinion of Michel Barnier.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I think the LB is the priority we can't go the season and have any sort of success with Marvin Johnson our number 1 LB. I feel Dijksteel has really come on along way and he could develop into a top RB with Spence as cover. 

I don’t think any of the coaching staff can have watched Johnson on Saturday and not been alarmed at the level of his crossing and general forward play. I do have faith that they will try to rectify it. Saying that, Spence’s balls into the box weren’t great either. 

4 minutes ago, Skinemrippers said:

I don’t think any of the coaching staff can have watched Johnson on Saturday and not been alarmed at the level of his crossing and general forward play. I do have faith that they will try to rectify it. Saying that, Spence’s balls into the box weren’t great either. 

Did spence play on Saturday? 😂😅

10 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Did spence play on Saturday? 😂😅

oh come on, he wasn't even that bad. I know he hasn't looked as good as when he first burst onto the scene but the stick he gets sometimes is unreal.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

oh come on, he wasn't even that bad. I know he hasn't looked as good as when he first burst onto the scene but the stick he gets sometimes is unreal.

I also think the praise he gets is unreal. 

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

if Fletch and Britt were better at decision making, Spence could have had two  clear 1-1 chances of going onto goal

2 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He's not getting any praise though?!

Everytime i see someone pick an 11 with also putting possible transfers in there he is always starting. Sometimes in an attacking role. Just wondering what people are seeing that i am not 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Mfcdanny said:

Everytime i see someone pick an 11 with also putting possible transfers in there he is always starting. Sometimes in an attacking role. Just wondering what people are seeing that i am not 

Because most people seem to realise that we're unlikely to get another RWB in & despite his flaws and his downturn in form, we don't have much better there without starting to square peg players again.

12 minutes ago, Brunners said:

I think the praise he gets his unreal... please tell me including the last last 8 games of last season, what he has contributed to the team? 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Because most people seem to realise that we're unlikely to get another RWB in & despite his flaws and his downturn in form, we don't have much better there without starting to square peg players again.

Thats fair enough but most people always put new wingers in there team and its pretty obvious we arnt gonna get one of them never mind 2. I just think feel that were gonna be playing wingbacks all season. And id thats the case i domt think the 2 we have are good enough. If we get another centre back id like to see djicksteel play there and 100%beed another LWB

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

I think the praise he gets his unreal... please tell me including the last last 8 games of last season, what he has contributed to the team? 

Again, what praise?

He gets nothing but slated on here and people just wilfully ignore the good stuff that he does do. 

Just this weekend he made some good defensive plays - one of which I know @Changing Times at least noticed.

His runs and movement are still raw and yes he seems to be lacking in confidence right now, but the lad is what, 20? With less than a season of professional football under his belt.

Cut the guy some slack ffs.

He's been in the team for 6 months, don't we know that's the length of time he needs to make the role his own? We should sell him for a tenner, no chance he'll ever improve now.

In all seriousness, I don't think he's started this season well but he's hardly alone there, is he? Like most others, he did improve against Bournemouth. Can't see why he'd be the wing back you'd single out though. Marvin Johnson has more than half a career's more experience than every other full back we have, he's unlikely to improve and yet our manager thinks he's the dog's ***. Spence, Dijksteel, Coulson and Bola all have time on their sides.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Brunners said:

Again, what praise?

He gets nothing but slated on here and people just wilfully ignore the good stuff that he does do. 

Just this weekend he made some good defensive plays - one of which I know @Changing Times at least noticed.

His runs and movement are still raw and yes he seems to be lacking in confidence right now, but the lad is what, 20? With less than a season of professional football under his belt.

Cut the guy some slack ffs.

Sorry but I see the opposite posts to you, I often see people bumming about his performance because he's done one fancy flick/nutmeg on someone 😅.

And fans also are quick to criticise the likes of Britt, Saville, Clayton 😅. Honestly some of the fans on here have rose tinted glasses. Just because he's young and raw doesn't make him exempt from criticism.

I just don't see what he offers right now and would much rather have Fry CB and Dijksteel as RWB .

Not clever enough to be a winger and defence position play extremely poor in a back 4. (Reminds me so much of Justin Hoyte especially in his younger arsenal days).

I agree he's raw but if he isn't offering anything and hasn't been for a while so I'd rather just be solid and put fry in there.

Out of the wing backs we look more dangerous with Johnson on the left which just shows how poor our current situation is.