oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

1 hour ago, Humpty said:

Lots of ifs, buts and maybe's in there for me unfortunately. 

The evidence shows us we've been pretty disastrous playing a back four with the personnel we have. We're still rebuilding and wing backs have produced good performances so far. I don't see any issue with persevering with this formation. It clearly suits the squad we have at our disposal. 

I agree that wingbacks with what we have at our disposal IS our best hope, however all that will get us is midtable/survival at best. I see where CT is coming from in that it’s a pretty lame excuse not to try and better the team, it CANT be that hard to get a better LB than bola and a failed winger.

I still feel we could do well but we are heavily reliant on Tav, Browne and Howson to provide assists and goals from midfield. Akpom I think will improve things as he will be better at linking midfield to attack than fletcher and also allow Britt to sit higher up. 

That said I think there will be a lot of games where we struggle to create anything. Essentially we have less width in the team than even pulis had.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

I thought this was a transfer rumour and completed transfers thread.

By stating it's been a quiet day as far as rumours are concerned seems a fair enough thing to say. 

Having lost so many we certainly need more than 4 new signings. 

Anyway I look forward to see what happens during the next 3 weeks leading up to the 16th October when the PL/EFL window closes. 

51 minutes ago, Maccarone said:

I thought this was a transfer rumour and completed transfers thread.

By stating it's been a quiet day as far as rumours are concerned seems a fair enough thing to say. 

Having lost so many we certainly need more than 4 new signings. 

Anyway I look forward to see what happens during the next 3 weeks leading up to the 16th October when the PL/EFL window closes. 

I agree, but I think we'll manage to get the rest in now, even if it's 3 more loan signings.

The 3 permanents has eased my worries significantly.

Lack of rumours does not mean progress. In fairness when you look at all of our signings the majority of them were done or close to completion before we knew about them. This tells me things have changed at club with leadership and things are kept secret.

The gaffer and blackwell have said they are still looking for a few more yet. So patience is key.

• Like 3

We all know we just need to sign a pacy creative winger who can feed our strikers and create chances so we can score alot more goals.  As to be honest we are a half decent side now who if you put that Ramirez  type player in we would have a chance at promotion. 

3 hours ago, Changing Times said:

I think it's because people don't want to listen to a part-timer, glory supporter, mate.  I still read your posts anyway though, just to be nice 👍

Thanks for your kind words mate 😍

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, xathras said:

Doesn't help we are on 824 pages and only 4 signings. You'd think we'd bought half the league based upon number of posts

Are you telling me that there are more players out there other than Marcus Maddison, Jordan Jones, Patrick Roberts and any other former Boro player?!

1 hour ago, Changing Times said:

Almost as easy as going from right back to right back.

He never really shone as a RB though, even at Charlton he was raw. Absolutely no problem moving him around again. The RCB role appears to suit his skillset perfectly.

43 minutes ago, DurhamRed said:

We all know we just need to sign a pacy creative winger who can feed our strikers and create chances so we can score alot more goals.  As to be honest we are a half decent side now who if you put that Ramirez  type player in we would have a chance at promotion. 

You make that sound easy...

3 minutes ago, Brunners said:

He never really shone as a RB though, even at Charlton he was raw. Absolutely no problem moving him around again. The RCB role appears to suit his skillset perfectly.

Cos he's had a couple of ok games there?  He was all over the place against Shrewsbury, same as everyone else.  I thought he didn't play well against Barnsley either for that matter. 

He played most of his time as a RB at Charlton didn't he?  I know you can't answer this question but if he didn't shine there then why did we buy him in the first place?  Because we definitely bought him to play as a right back, and from what I can remember, people were quite happy with his signing last year?