oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

2 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

We certainly are not a side that creates numerous chances each game, which makes it more important when we do we convert what chances come our way. Britt has shown that he cannot convert enough, if we have aspirations for the play offs in my opinion. If we add something different up top he may well do. Everyone sees the game differently, but I think he should have converted one of his chances today. I dont know how easy a chance he needs. I think today gave Warnock food for thought. When we went 433 we were more dominant. Perhaps that may give Britt the more clear cut chances he needs, though in my opinion they dont get much more clear cut than today.

The thing is we need wingers who create 20 chances a game like Leeds United did for Bamford and co last season 😄. As we currently only create 1 chance if ya lucky per game. 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 hours ago, BegSteeleOrBoro said:

On strikers. Our problem has not necessarily been strikers - we’ve had lots of class strikers over the time period mentioned, from Yakubu, Hasslebaink, Viduka, Boksic to poachers with good record like Rhodes, Boyd and Britt. The issue has been - and continues to be - creating good chances. How many class attacking midfielders have we had in the past decade? Look how the correlate with our goals scored. With Rav we had Juninho, with Ricard we had Gazza (almost got an England recall), and with Bamford we had Tomlin/Ramirez.  Most of the time we have not had a true attacking midfielder - maybe excluding Zenden (who was class but didn’t contribute as many goals/assists as I thought). 

We desperately need to take a chance on an attacking player who actually creates chances, can dribble and takes men out of the game. They are rare and cost money, but it’s better to have one that raises the value of the players around you - rather than keep buying expensive strikers and selling them for a massive loss when they suddenly (and apparently surprisingly) stop scoring when they get few chances.

Marcus Maddison posted the below on Instagram today. We know Warnock likes a gamble with the likes of Taraabt and El Hadj Diouf. He could be just the person Marcus needs in his life to turn it around and be our outlet.

marcusmaddison11 27 today 🥳 but can’t mask the fact that this year has been the worst of my life. No goals achieved, my best friend died 🐕😭, love life non existent ☠️ & now Jobless 🤷🏼‍♂️. So happy birthday To myself & knowing next year can’t be any worse surely 🤔🤨 #mm11 #birthday #inspire #life#job #dad #dog

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Changing Times said:

No striker in the world needs just one chance though, so that's completely unrealistic.

im obviously not suggesting that theres players with 100% conversion rate who scores every time,  i do however believe that there are plenty of strikers that will finish more often than not from 6 yards out like the two birtt britt chances today.

Edited by tmcc

I can’t agree that a striker would solve all our problems, it’s exactly that kind of thinking that has got us in this position back in 2017.

What we need once and for all is footballers who can play in the attacking third and actually keep the ball up there and do stuff with it. 
The likes of Jota, Gaston, watkins even *** ‘Chair’. THOSE are the style of players we need to bring in, not more strikers.

Watching Brighton today was depressing, their interplay around utds area was great to watch, it was inventive and full of movement. I’m sick of seeing and saying the same thing about how we attack, how predictable and laboured it is. The reason it’s that way is our attacking players just haven’t got the technical ability. We are full of runners and crossers and hoofers, putting hopeful balls into areas. We generally scrap goals or punish opposition mistakes and we will NEVER score any meaningful amount without a decent pattern to our attack.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Ayresome7 said:

Marcus Maddison posted the below on Instagram today. We know Warnock likes a gamble with the likes of Taraabt and El Hadj Diouf. He could be just the person Marcus needs in his life to turn it around and be our outlet.

marcusmaddison11 27 today 🥳 but can’t mask the fact that this year has been the worst of my life. No goals achieved, my best friend died 🐕😭, love life non existent ☠️ & now Jobless 🤷🏼‍♂️. So happy birthday To myself & knowing next year can’t be any worse surely 🤔🤨 #mm11 #birthday #inspire #life#job #dad #dog

What a *** spunkbubble.

I mean maybe, just MAYBE if he wasn't such a self-centered, attention seeking See You Next Tuesday some club would sign him.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Still needing width, creativity and a little pace.

And repeat.

You'll be repeating this every year until we hire a competent Director of Football. Any footballing man should be able to take 1 look at this squad and see the holes in it.

Unfortunately we keep hiring people like Monk, Pulis, Woodgate, and Warnock. Up and down between "young, attacking football" and "experience, pump it into the channels". Except we've ended up pumping it into the channels with all of them anyway. Mental, this club. Absolutely absurd.

10 hours ago, TAPOUT said:

We certainly are not a side that creates numerous chances each game, which makes it more important when we do we convert what chances come our way. Britt has shown that he cannot convert enough, if we have aspirations for the play offs in my opinion. If we add something different up top he may well do. Everyone sees the game differently, but I think he should have converted one of his chances today. I dont know how easy a chance he needs. I think today gave Warnock food for thought. When we went 433 we were more dominant. Perhaps that may give Britt the more clear cut chances he needs, though in my opinion they dont get much more clear cut than today.

I predicated mid table based on NW presence and the club fulfilling his needs for players. I certainly have no unrealistic aspirations of play offs. Acutely based on the last three games I would lower my prediction to mid lower.  
We still have a slow leaky defense with no link up player or leader and Brit misses more chances then I have seen for any striker. Let’s not talk about possession, pass rates or crosses. 

• Sad 1

I know neither are left footed CBs but just noticed Ryan Bennett still at Wolves with little chance or playing and same for Benkovic at Leicester it seems. We were linked with both in Jan.

Gee Whizz. Everytime I do a search for any type of transfer news at the moment it's either articles about how Warnock has said something good about someone else's new signing, or papers clickbaiting boro fans by headlining the big money player our rivals are signing.

Enough to make me pig sick.

1 hour ago, Boro 86 said:

Especially when that Mogga fella is showing us what we could have had ......oh I forgot !

Mowbray did a great job for us with little money to spend, but towards the end of his reign we were definitely heading for League 1. Our form in his last year at the club was awful 

• Like 1

If ever there was an example of how effective pace and trickery is, it was Osayi-Samuel yesterday. Single handedly caused us problems all afternoon.

Meanwhile we may aswell have been playing with 9 men and 2 planks of wood in the wing-back positions.

The main reason for playing the 3-5-2 was "our players are much better suited to that system" I would seriously debate that isn't the case at all. Essentially it was "our defenders aren't good enough so let's play 5 of them" but the wing backs simply do not defend and we are usually left with 3 defending, we'd be much better off signing a defensive left back and having 4 defending at all times. Warnock went 4-3-3 for last 20 yesterday which was comfortably our best period of the game. 

• Like 5
8 minutes ago, DevKWat said:

If ever there was an example of how effective pace and trickery is, it was Osayi-Samuel yesterday. Single handedly caused us problems all afternoon.

Meanwhile we may aswell have been playing with 9 men and 2 planks of wood in the wing-back positions.

The main reason for playing the 3-5-2 was "our players are much better suited to that system" I would seriously debate that isn't the case at all. Essentially it was "our defenders aren't good enough so let's play 5 of them" but the wing backs simply do not defend and we are usually left with 3 defending, we'd be much better off signing a defensive left back and having 4 defending at all times. Warnock went 4-3-3 for last 20 yesterday which was comfortably our best period of the game. 

Every time I saw QPR play last season, Osayi Samuel looked more dangerous than Eze to me. Real good player.