oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I'm worried we wont meet our daily quota of mentioning Marcus Maddison, Jordan Jones or a random ex-Boro player, so....

Or Roberts...

4 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

In all seriousness, i'd imagine all of our signings from here on out will be loans, so lets hope we can bring back Roberts as one of them. 

Oh wait you covered that one too! 

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, boksicdink said:

I'm worried we wont meet our daily quota of mentioning Marcus Maddison, Jordan Jones or a random ex-Boro player, so....

Marcus Maddison

Jordan Jones

and

What is Keith O'Neill upto these days? I reckon he could still do a job for us

Phew...Close call there guys

In all seriousness, i'd imagine all of our signings from here on out will be loans, so lets hope we can bring back Roberts as one of them. 

This is weirdly random but I was thinking about Keith O'Neill's first start for Boro, just this weekend, inspired by Akpom making his first start I guess.  Home game against Wimbledon, he actually started up front with Ricard if I remember rightly, and oddly, considering I'd always thought of him more as a winger, he won everything in the air against their back four, or it felt like he did.  We won 3-1, Ricard scored inside the first minute or two with a volley from outside the area that he span and hit in one move.  O'Neill went off with a knock early in the second half, which I suppose should have been a warning sign.  Wimbledon were poor that day but I think Joe Kinnear had a heart attack like the week before or a couple of weeks before, so I think they were a bit all over the place as a result of that.  Gonna go and see if I can find it on youtube.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, ABH said:

Gibson said pulis did a good job. So maybe he was just reducing our wage bill like he was asked to do. 

my point is we were a badly run club long before pulis came in. People need to stop using pulis as an excuse to give Gibson and co a free ride 

I don't think anyone is doing that. Gibson and Pulis' failings aren't mutually exclusive.

There it is.  O'Neill wins flick headers for the first two goals 👍 Two good finishes from Ricard 👍  Ali and Bernie doing the commentary 👍 The Addams Family tune for Festa 👍 Two route one goals, and one from a set piece, essentially what we aspire to be right now 🙂

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

There it is.  O'Neill wins flicks headers for the first two goals 👍 Two good finishes from Ricard 👍  Ali and Bernie doing the commentary 👍 The Addams Family tune for Festa 👍 Two route one goals, and one from a set piece, essentially what we aspire to be right now 🙂

The nostalgia hit me as soon as Ali called it the 'Super Cellnet Riverside Stadium'. I had forgotten all about that.

4 hours ago, Changing Times said:

This is weirdly random but I was thinking about Keith O'Neill's first start for Boro, just this weekend, inspired by Akpom making his first start I guess.  Home game against Wimbledon, he actually started up front with Ricard if I remember rightly, and oddly, considering I'd always thought of him more as a winger, he won everything in the air against their back four, or it felt like he did.  We won 3-1, Ricard scored inside the first minute or two with a volley from outside the area that he span and hit in one move.  O'Neill went off with a knock early in the second half, which I suppose should have been a warning sign.  Wimbledon were poor that day but I think Joe Kinnear had a heart attack like the week before or a couple of weeks before, so I think they were a bit all over the place as a result of that.  Gonna go and see if I can find it on youtube.

That is random. I remember that game. O’Neil was incredible in the air that day. He could have been a good player but for his injuries. I also recall how well he linked up with Ziege down our left side when they played together. 

• Like 1

We have started an exciting last week of the window .. Now we just need something to happen ... 

Dream Scenario - Sell Howson, Wing or Saville and one of Stoj and Pears for daft money - Buy a left back, a striker, a cb (or two) and some wingers! 

Is that too much to ask?

10 hours ago, Tom said:

How has him developing Traore benefited us in the long term?

You do realise we received a fee in excess of £20 million for a player who couldn't get a look in under Karanka and Monk? I'd say that's benefitted the club in the long term 

18 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

You do realise we received a fee in excess of £20 million for a player who couldn't get a look in under Karanka and Monk? I'd say that's benefitted the club in the long term 

27 appearances in the premier league as a raw 20 year old is getting a look in surely 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

We received 18 million but I get what you mean. If only he hadn’t spunked most of it up the wall on two mediocre championship players right after thus making us worse off.

34 minutes ago, OzzyPorter said:

And you realise that he spent a huge portion of it on Saville and presumably on Besic, Hugill and Mikel's wages, meaning that it was gone within the season.

So I don't think that qualifies as a long term benefit to the club.

11 hours ago, ABH said:

Gibson said pulis did a good job. So maybe he was just reducing our wage bill like he was asked to do. 

my point is we were a badly run club long before pulis came in. People need to stop using pulis as an excuse to give Gibson and co a free ride 

Have you ever actually read this forum before? no one else has got anywhere close to a free ride

Woodgate, Monk, Agnew, Karanka for his last 6 months, Gibson and our recruitment have all been nearing on inept but it doesnt make what Pulis did any better. He is no better than any of them and in some areas was worse