oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

4 minutes ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

Have you ever actually read this forum before? no one else has got anywhere close to a free ride

Woodgate, Monk, Agnew, Karanka for his last 6 months, Gibson and our recruitment have all been nearing on inept but it doesnt make what Pulis did any better. He is no better than any of them and in some areas was worse

the recruitment team has not been totally inept. They;ve identified and tried for some good players.

where they and the club have regularly failed, is picking and securing the right option from the list.

unfortunatley for them (and us fans) it's the last part that count's 

• Like 2
  • Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 hour ago, estonpidge said:

recruiting this guy would surely improve our coaching

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/54299158

What I like about that article is that he makes it clear the importance of practice.  He had talent, but it is still about practicing over and over again.  Someone of his ability who could drill that into young players' minds at Boro would be brilliant.  I can't see it happening though.

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, TheJew said:

Certainly when Warnock does eventually go i hope we go for someone who can bring excitement back. Bergkamp would be great!

To be honest I think we have a better chance of getting TLF to manage us...that is, Juninho...not our forum colleague.

15 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

To be honest I think we have a better chance of getting TLF to manage us...that is, Juninho...not our forum colleague.

Haha i reckon i could better Woodgates record.

On a serious note i understand appointment of Warnock and with covid i think its ideal. Hopefully he will see us through what is a unprecedented time for the world.

BUT i would love us to appoint an ambitious young manager once that ship has been steadied. I am more than happy for them to use us as stepping stone. The likes of Robson McClaren and Karanka served us better than most.

I really wanted an Arteta or a Van Bronkhurst when Pulis left. I can see former was now bit ambitious but you get the idea.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SzilardNemethsCurtains said:

why the desperation to absolve him of a signing he literally said in the press he wanted?

I never said pulis had no involvement in the signings and sales of players unlike yourself who seems desperate to put them all down solely to him

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

I really wanted an Arteta or a Van Bronkhurst when Pulis left. I can see former was now bit ambitious but you get the idea.

Michael Reiziger for me given he had already come to the club once and had been through, coached and managed the Ajax Youth Academy. There was talk he was looking to come to Europe but he has now been promoted to Assistant Manager at Ajax.

• Like 4