oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, SA Red said:

This would make sense if someone is interested in Paddy and offer a decent fee

Would it?

McNair has played entirely at Centre Back this season, and has been one of our best players.

We need a centre back in even if we keep McNair, we'd need 2 if we sold him, not another midfielder.

• Like 2

I'd be furious if we sold Paddy to be honest. Obviously a quality player and has probably been our standout player of the season so far. His versatility will also be extremely valuable during this crazy season.

Would much rather sell Wing who I don't believe is cut out for this level.

• Like 7
11 minutes ago, Weasel said:

I'd be furious if we sold Paddy to be honest. Obviously a quality player and has probably been our standout player of the season so far. His versatility will also be extremely valuable during this crazy season.

Would much rather sell Wing who I don't believe is cut out for this level.

I agree with you and I wasn't advocating selling him.

I was just trying (obviously poorly) to make sense of being linked with another central midfielder and that Paddy is one of most saleable assets, so keeping tabs on Mowatt, as an option in case a bid comes in for Paddy.

I'd be surprised if selling Wing would fund buying Mowatt.

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, SA Red said:

I agree with you and I wasn't advocating selling him.

I was just trying (obviously poorly) to make sense of being linked with another central midfielder and that Paddy is one of most saleable assets, so keeping tabs on Mowatt, as an option in case a bid comes in for Paddy.

I'd be surprised if selling Wing would fund buying Mowatt.

I'd be surprised if anyone bought Wing to be honest

1 hour ago, Weasel said:

I'd be surprised if anyone bought Wing to be honest

Wing has talent - you don't score as many goals from distance as he does without natural skill. Whether anyone can coach the rest of his game up to an acceptable standard is debatable - particularly passing - but Warnock has a better chance than anyone of developing whatever potential he has.

Remember people insisted Traore was a headless chicken, shouldn't be a footballer, was never going to learn at Boro if he hadn't learned at Barcelona, etc. I know Wing isn't even in the same stratosphere in terms of raw talent, but he could be a useful impact sub as the opposition tire, and he gives defenders a new threat to worry about in terms of shooting from range, which the rest of our squad is pretty awful at.

I'd like to see Warnock work on Wing's overall play this season and then take stock next year. If we really couldn't sell him even at that point, we could always release him at the end of his contract.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, RiseAgainst said:

Wing has talent - you don't score as many goals from distance as he does without natural skill. Whether anyone can coach the rest of his game up to an acceptable standard is debatable - particularly passing - but Warnock has a better chance than anyone of developing whatever potential he has.

Remember people insisted Traore was a headless chicken, shouldn't be a footballer, was never going to learn at Boro if he hadn't learned at Barcelona, etc. I know Wing isn't even in the same stratosphere in terms of raw talent, but he could be a useful impact sub as the opposition tire, and he gives defenders a new threat to worry about in terms of shooting from range, which the rest of our squad is pretty awful at.

I'd like to see Warnock work on Wing's overall play this season and then take stock next year. If we really couldn't sell him even at that point, we could always release him at the end of his contract.

I agree you make a good case but Wing is attacking midfielder who should have credentials including reading the state of play, passing and receiving and he lacks consistency in all departments. NW over time may get the best out of him but does he want to invest in a guy who can’t pass especially as he wants four strikers on the books.