oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

Don't we have a similar dance every transfer deadline. Nothing nothing nothing player x linked (either premier league surplus of exciting foreigner) everyone gets excited. Window closes with nothing happening.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

It's a business negotiation mate.  Everton ideally want us to pay 100% of his wages.  We ideally want to pay 0% of his wages.  We need to find where the point is that both clubs are happy and Everton are going to wait in case a better offer comes in most likely.

I would guess that there are Championship Clubs whose first eleven aren't on £75K a week combined. Everton and Bolasie missed last weeks far more lucrative window if they wanted a serious contribution towards his bank account. They either have a clearance sticker on him now or they bin him in the morning when his sell by date is up. All three parties are wise enough to know what is realistic especially in the current climate.

18 minutes ago, macapes said:

Everton aren't in a rush though, longer they wait, more desperate some teams might get, more money they can get.  Nothing in it for Everton in getting it done early. 

There is if they end up stuck with him.

6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

I would guess that there are Championship Clubs whose first eleven aren't on £75K a week combined. Everton and Bolasie missed last weeks far more lucrative window if they wanted a serious contribution towards his bank account. They either have a clearance sticker on him now or they bin him in the morning when his sell by date is up. All three parties are wise enough to know what is realistic especially in the current climate.

Yes but Everton still want the best deal that they can get.

3 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Lee Gregory isn’t bad if he’s our 4th choice striker. He adds something different, and is probably happy to be a bench warmer.

He done well in the Conference with Halifax and one season in League one with Millwall. That's his level unfortunately, a totally pointless signing if ever I saw one, in fact it's right up there with Gestede and Lee Miller.

1 minute ago, CrazyL said:

It’s gone quiet on Nat Phillips which is disappointing. I wonder if Liverpool wanted a loan fee?

How is Akpom getting on in Quarantine after travelling to Portugal for a champions league game he played in Greece?

• Haha 3
4 minutes ago, BoroSmoggie said:

Lee Gregory isn’t bad if he’s our 4th choice striker. He adds something different, and is probably happy to be a bench warmer.

I don't really get the need for a 4th choice striker when we need a first choice left back.  I mean, I get the wanting cover but if you have limited resources then you should use them where the need is greatest.  We have three first team strikers, a couple of young lads, and the likes of Browne, Roberts, Tav who could play behind a single striker.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

He done well in the Conference with Halifax and one season in League one with Millwall. That's his level unfortunately, a totally pointless signing if ever I saw one, in fact it's right up there with Gestede and Lee Miller.

to be fair he hit 10 goals in the Championship two seasons in a row 2017/2018 and 2018/2019, which is fine. Only 6 after moving to Stoke but I think he is a bench option there too.

Oh, and he had two good seasons in league 1 hitting 18 and 17 goals, not just one.

• Like 1