oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

Paddy and Howson have been by far our best players this season so I find it astonishing that fans would think it's a good idea selling him.

He can play CM or CB so versatility is good and exactly what's required with us going to have a paper thin squad next season.

Money talks I suppose but I'd want at least double what we paid for him after a impressive season.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Paddy and Howson have been by far our best players this season so I find it astonishing that fans would think it's a good idea selling him.

He can play CM or CB so versatility is good and exactly what's required with us going to have a paper thin squad next season.

Money talks I suppose but I'd want at least double what we paid for him after a impressive season.

Agree with this. I would certainly want more than what we paid for him.

4 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

First half of the season id be agreeing with you but since the turn of the year he's not looked bothered and in my opinion put in below par performances.

James Chester as an experienced CB option? Released by Villa I believe and currently on loan at Stoke but they not certain to sign him as they have a host of CBs. Seems he over his injury issues.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TLF10 said:

James Chester as an experienced CB option? Released by Villa I believe and currently on loan at Stoke but they not certain to sign him as they have a host of CBs. Seems he over his injury issues.

Yeah I'd be all over that type of signing. Excellent leader and I remember we were linked with him last summer.
I really hope we get Cedric Kipre from Wigan....

22 minutes ago, diggerlad07 said:

Yeah I'd be all over that type of signing. Excellent leader and I remember we were linked with him last summer.

Exactly the type of player we need to move away from. 32 in January, no resale value at all, coming from a PL team will probably command high wages too...So we'll sign him and give him a 3 year deal.

I understand the need for experience/leaders as we are sorely missing those but it's a no for me.

Edited by DanFromDownSouth
Spelling
  • Like 1
7 minutes ago, DanFromDownSouth said:

Exactly the type of player we need to move away from. 32 in January, no resale value at all, coming from a PL team will probably command high wages too...So we'll sign him and give him a 3 year deal.

I understand the need for experience/leaders are we are sorely missing those but it's a no for me.

Agree. And it’s possible to be a leader without being and older player. 

56 minutes ago, TLF10 said:

No no no. Stoke fans think he's dreadful. Had a stinker against us a few games ago. Slower turning circle than a cruise liner.

1 hour ago, TLF10 said:

If Stoke have an abundance of CB but no CM and we’re the other way around. Can’t we just smash the squads together with Warnock & O’Neil taking turns picking players. (Schoolyard football style)  right up to the point where there’s one person left and then they argue about who doesn’t get McClean 🤪 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
On 7/18/2020 at 8:15 PM, Downsouth said:

I just don't want the possible arrival of Ben Gibson associated costs to impair other meaningful transfer activity.

We are not a club that needs or can afford a luxury!

I'm guessing Uncle Steve will be bringing back his blue eyed nephew. Makes no difference that he's unfit, can't get a game with Burnley. You're looking at Gibbo's spy in the camp and possibly one of the next Joint owners of the club, along with Victoria Gibson.

1 hour ago, diggerlad07 said:

I really hope we get Cedric Kipre from Wigan....

You heard anymore on Kipre? Since you mentioned him last week I watched him and he looks a real talent. 

Bbc sport yesterday during the live text feed for Charlton v Wigan said david moyes was at the game and his reported targets were Kipre and the Wigan left back Robinson. Latter was close to joining AC Milan in Jan.

I'd be tempted to put McNair in defense. 

Pears (need a new keeper)

Djiksteel (or spence)

McNair (need another CB)

Fry (need another CB)

Coulson (need another LB)

McNair (or Saville)

Howson

Robert's (Need another winger)

Wing (need another ACM)

Tav (need another winger)

Fletcher (or Britt) (need 2 more forwards)

Based on the above and how I would set the team up we would need an additional NINE players!!!

I can't see how we could attract any decent player other than wads of money. So let's face facts, we will more than likely remain in the championship and we don't have a foundation to build on but we do need a total clean-out from boardroom to pitch. Now thats a huge rebuild and it would take time and vast amounts of cash so who would gamble their reputation based on the uncertainty and who would be brave and willing to put their ambitions on hold and risk to valuation.

We are in for another wait and see season and we won't be challenging at the top . 

I just don’t see the appeal of McNair. He isn’t a defensive mid, he isn’t an attacking mid, he doesn’t recycle possession or control a game. You could argue he is a box to box midfielder but if that’s the case, we could do a lot better than him. It’s just another example of poor recruitment. A player signed with no real purpose other than an extra body and someone who was available. 

Until this recruitment process changes, then we will always have players who don’t fit in or give below par performances in my opinion. I’ve just checked his wiki, I can’t believe we paid 5m for him!!

2 hours ago, diggerlad07 said:

McNair has not been good in 2020. He started this season well and he had some good games sweeping up in the middle of defence when Woody switched to wing backs, though that's not what he's meant to be in this squad to do. I think we'd be lucky to get what we paid for him. I'm just not sure what it is with him, the lad isn't offering enough right now in my eyes and given Warnock is almost certainly the man going forward, I don't think he fits in a great deal beyond his versatility.

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)