oneBoro Forum
Smogzilla

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka Warnocks free agent bargain bin extravaganza

6 minutes ago, Redcar Rioja said:

Is it possible that they have investments in Middlesbrough, England as oppose to Middlesbrough Football Cub?

Or how about Middlesboro, Kentucky??  Not far from the Cumberland Gap, for all you Lonnie Donegan fans out there...

17 minutes ago, Jamie-H said:

I'd wager if anything resembling a takeover of newly promoted Benevento was happening in the past month since their promotion the Italian media would have something the press over there is crazy.

That Abola article is the earliest source we have right now about a supposed link to us and that was 3 weeks ago and then today the director post takeover mentioned us and Benevento again.

Problem here is if the groups name really is America Soccer that's so generic it will be nigh on impossible to pin down from a google search unless they had media articles written about them.

There is a vast difference between investment and takeover though. They could have just invested 10% in Boro.

I'm sure the trusted Gazette reporters will ask the club if they see it here? Rather simple question considering it's from a reputable portuguese newspaper.

America Soccer Company Inc. seems to be involved in the manufacture of sports apparel.  If they're a successful business, maybe they want to diversify??

What a load of rubbish. These fake takeover/investment stories come out every summer.donald trump GIF

3 minutes ago, "KM" said:

What a load of rubbish. These fake takeover/investment stories come out every summer.donald trump GIF

Usually it's actually a story about Middlesbrough though. This is the first time I remember seeing us be a throwaway link in another clubs takeovver.

EDIT: Although I do agree with you that the most realistic answer is the Portuguese paper has their facts wrong.

1 minute ago, Brunners said:

Usually it's actually a story about Middlesbrough though. This is the first time I remember seeing us be a throwaway link in another clubs takeovver.

They've probably just picked out Boro and Benevento to seem more "legit" and wealthy and hope no-one notices. It's hardly a big newsstory. We need the Gazette to question Boro about this or get in touch with said investment company.

1 minute ago, Borodane said:

They've probably just picked out Boro and Benevento to seem more "legit" and wealthy and hope no-one notices. It's hardly a big newsstory. We need the Gazette to question Boro about this or get in touch with said investment company.

I just tweeted at the gazette guys to see if they've seen it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Weasel said:

Wake me up when Red Bull come calling.

well......I think we can safely say it is somehow linked to Bull

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Old Codger said:

well......I think we can safely say it is somehow linked to Bull

Brown rather than red...

We badly need investment so I wanna believe the 0.0000001% possibility this is true 😄