oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Will said:

Dunkley and Kipre are the two that immediately come to mind who've impressed me in the past.

I’d happily take Mulgrew (although risky at 34yrs old) and Dowel and look hard at Robinson 

40 minutes ago, Uwe said:

I’d happily take Mulgrew (although risky at 34yrs old) and Dowel and look hard at Robinson 

Dowell was the first to come to mind, but unfortunately he's owned by Everton and only on loan.

• Like 1

They are still a mid-table side.  They can't all be great albeit they have been on a lovely run of form.  Kieffer Moore has scored 9 goals this season for example.  I'm not sure I'd be all that bothered about spending a couple of million on the lad as QPR appear to be doing.  I reckon Fletcher is a better bet.

5 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

They are still a mid-table side.  They can't all be great albeit they have been on a lovely run of form.  Kieffer Moore has scored 9 goals this season for example.  I'm not sure I'd be all that bothered about spending a couple of million on the lad as QPR appear to be doing.  I reckon Fletcher is a better bet.

I agree, certainly about Fletcher vs Moore. Kipre and Dunkley are two players I've seen a reasonable amount of and I like the look of them, particularly in a partnership together. Kipre is young and has a bright future, I think he'd be a really good signing if we could get him.

They've had a terrific run of form since the turn of the year especially given the shock and uncertainty that the administration announcement caused.  Cook's managed to create a real us vs the world mentality.

But they were one of the worst teams in the league before Christmas and only had 20 points after Boxing Day. They won't want to admit it but the majority of Wigan fans, on social media at least, wanted Cook gone. 

Think it'd be very hopeful on our part to expect any of those players to perform for us at the required level, once taken out of that environment. It's one of the major pitfalls we seem to disregard when buying players.

Just now, GrimsbyBoro said:

Still a step up from us.

I don't think it is though.  I think we have a mid-table squad that has underperformed and we are where we are as a result of that.  Obviously with players leaving we now have some holes in that squad that need to be filled but I'm not looking at Wigan with a lot of envy over the talent they have as compared to us.  We've had a terrible season and they are 8 points ahead of us.

6 minutes ago, Changing Times said:

I don't think it is though.  I think we have a mid-table squad that has underperformed and we are where we are as a result of that.  Obviously with players leaving we now have some holes in that squad that need to be filled but I'm not looking at Wigan with a lot of envy over the talent they have as compared to us.  We've had a terrible season and they are 8 points ahead of us.

But we also know where most of the blame of that comes from, firmly on the shoulders of a rookie manager hopelessly out of his depth. Plus no one is saying be like Wigan, we need to assemble a squad that the team can out perform the sum of its parts

• Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)