oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

1 minute ago, BoroJake said:

We should definitely be after Lowe. Can’t imagine he will cost much 

Thing with Wigan is they have no option but to sell if valuations are met. They cant hold out for higher transfer fees.

Would be very happy if the rumoured signing is Kevin Stewart. Think he could end up being great for us, we've missed a quality ball winner for years now.

Also seems like a proper sound guy, plus he's a vegan which I admire as an athlete.

• Like 1
Just now, Weasel said:

Would be very happy if the rumoured signing is Kevin Stewart. Think he could end up being great for us, we've missed a quality ball winner for years now.

Listening to Warnock talk about the analysts who said the defenders were the best ball winners in Europe and he replied that they CANT defend. 

I think any signing is warnocks signing and if we want him managing our club we have to trust his recruitment. 

so I too am pleased if we get Stewart. I’d heard we were in for him and Williams. So it’s not a case of he wasn’t warnocks number one choice

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, BoroJake said:

We should definitely be after Lowe. Can’t imagine he will cost much 

Apparently Swansea are sniffing around at roughly 2 million which is an absolute bargain but it also means other teams are in for him so we’ve no chance 😂 

5 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

Listening to Warnock talk about the analysts who said the defenders were the best ball winners in Europe and he replied that they CANT defend. 

I think any signing is warnocks signing and if we want him managing our club we have to trust his recruitment. 

so I too am pleased if we get Stewart. I’d heard we were in for him and Williams. So it’s not a case of he wasn’t warnocks number one choice

People keep talking about this as a positive. Read the quote - the analysts recommended them based on their research and warnock turned them down based on watching 30 seconds of footage. Im baffled at how anyone read that quote and it endeared them to warnock.

• Like 2

BTW I dont believe that 30 seconds thing actually happened and I also dont believe that he gave anyone a weeks deadline to sign at the start of the window. Its all posturing and wanting to seem tough to get the fans on side. See also: tory brexit.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

People keep talking about this as a positive. Read the quote - the analysts recommended them based on their research and warnock turned them down based on watching 30 seconds of footage. Im baffled at how anyone read that quote and it endeared them to warnock.

Because our recruitment has been historically terrible and the blame lay with the analysts, Warnock has seen that they are no good and is determined to change things, that’s the positive, what’s the negative?

1 minute ago, BillyWoofs_shinpad said:

Because our recruitment has been historically terrible and the blame lay with the analysts, Warnock has seen that they are no good and is determined to change things, that’s the positive, what’s the negative?

The negative is you cant judge a player on viewing them for 30 seconds. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Youngy228 said:

The positive is that it looks like he is clearly signing off on players. 

As a manager with his ideas on how to play he should be able to have final say on transfers. 

Should he be making that judgement in 30 seconds? Or should he be pretending that he is to seem tough if he isnt? Because he's doing one of the two.

9 minutes ago, Neverbefore said:

Should he be making that judgement in 30 seconds? Or should he be pretending that he is to seem tough if he isnt? Because he's doing one of the two.

I dont really care too much on the 30 seconds - he’s probably sensationalised it. 

but yes a manager should choose players in my opinion. 

19 minutes ago, Youngy228 said:

The positive is that it looks like he is clearly signing off on players. 

As a manager with his ideas on how to play he should be able to have final say on transfers. 

I am fairly certain 99.9% of our signings are either signed off by the manager or actively chosen by them, the only one I am unsure on is Downing.

We simply don't have a set up where a recruitment team pick and buy the players, they are only there to either recommend, create profiles on or simply scout with the final say always coming from the manager and on the financial side Gibbo

The truest thing I ever heard was that a con man can convince you he is the perfect person for a job within a minute and it will take you the same amount of time watching him doing the actual work to know if he can actually do it....If a guy with fifty years experience in professional football can see obvious flaws, it is likely that he knows what he is talking about....I am a dinosaur in one respect, if a defender cannot defend, it makes no difference how good he is going forwards, he is going to always cost you more goals than he scores or creates.

• Like 3
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)