oneBoro Forum

The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 aka TURN DOWN FOR WHAT(more)

19 minutes ago, LinoJo3 said:

Anyone get the feeling we are still kind of ‘old school’ when it comes to stuff like that. ‘*** image rights!? Must think he’s ronaldo tell them to F off!’

I remember when mowbray first came think it was vectorboro said something about him hating the wages younger players get and being stubborn against signing them. Maybe that way of thinking is just a club policy?

I could be remembering wrong but wasn't there something about Image rights with Tuncay? Either before he joined or after he left.

• Replies 14.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

•  

•  

•  

•  

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys! PAOK fan here from Greece. You are getting a really hard worker in Akpom. He is a top lad and a good professional. When he first came, he was considered a bench player. It was the 2018-19 sea

Morsy nearly done

Williams fee nearly agreed. 1.75million rising to 2.5 (So 1.75 then 😂).

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, CWC said:

Sheffield Wednesday have already signed Che Dunkley and Izzy Brown, they are on the verge of signing Jonathan Leko and have supposedly had a bid accepted for Josh Windass. 

They start the season on -12 points for goodness sake. Serious questions need to be asked at our place. 

guess sheff wed are still happy to outbit teams who are competing fairly. they must be a mess, why would you sign to play for league one next season. even us who finished just above relegation were only 15 points o the play offs. they need to be one of the best teams in the league to avoid relegation. 

https://www.wigantoday.net/sport/football/exclusive-three-clubs-meet-wigan-athletics-valuation-josh-windass-2949309

Could we be one of the three clubs who've had a bid accepted for Josh Windass?

He's Wigan's highest earner but this is a club who put a 750k pricetag on Jamal Lowe's head so whatever fee has been accepted for Windass I doubt it's close to that.

Latics are believed to still owe the 'Gers around £500,000 from that deal, which it's believed has been the starting point for all negotiations.

3 minutes ago, Will said:

I could be remembering wrong but wasn't there something about Image rights with Tuncay? Either before he joined or after he left.

Him and Alves sued us for half a million quid each, or thereabouts, for image rights payments.  We settled out of court

44 minutes ago, CWC said:

Sheffield Wednesday have already signed Che Dunkley and Izzy Brown, they are on the verge of signing Jonathan Leko and have supposedly had a bid accepted for Josh Windass. 

They start the season on -12 points for goodness sake. Serious questions need to be asked at our 

Which of them 3 players they signed in Dunkley, Brown or Leko would you want? My answer is none of them. Yours?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, TLF10 said:

Which of them 3 players they signed in Dunkley, Brown or Leko would you want? My answer is none of them. Yours?

Izzy Brown had a pretty good year last year, I'd have been interested in him for sure.

• Like 1

I would like us to get Jamal Lowe as we are so desperate for winger's and he is available. As currently we only have Johnson and Browne to play of the wings. As Tav is more a midfielder

5 hours ago, Youngy228 said:

So as a snippet from Done Deal.... He talks about a transfer cost.  

£35 million transfer fee

£26 million in wages for 5 years (typical wage for premier league player)

£5 million image rights payments to player

£3 million sign on fee and loyalty bonus

£1 million performance related pay

£1.3 millions agents fee.

Total cost 71.3 million.

I know this is a premier league player but it shows that a headline transfer fee becomes more complex.  Middlesbrough are ok at agreeing the transfer fee and the player wage but seem unable to agree to the finer details - we all know Gibson will only deal with certain agents etc.

Perfectly illustrates how insane the game has become.

Players no longer satisfied with just earning a good wage...they have to have all manner of bonuses thrown in. Performance bonuses, fair enough (if you do really well, you deserve a bit extra)...but there is often so much extra nonsense.

I mean seriously...a fee just for putting your name to a contract...WTF?

In this example, the transfer fee, wages & agent's fee look reasonable enough, but we've all heard about the grotesquely inflated figures for top players.

Izzy Brown made 25 appearances for Luton scoring 1 goal. I can guarantee if that was his record at our club last season people will be criticising him to the high heavens.

To put his record in to context our new CB made more appearances and scored more goals than him last season and some on here already made they feelings clearer on what they think of Grant Halls appearance record. 

He has literally done nothing at this level since his Huddersfield loan 3yrs ago due to injury and form.

The fact people are suggesting they would take him is simply a sign of some our fans sheer desperation to just make a signing for the sake of it......to probably then whinge in 12 months of another poor signing. There is nothing to suggest he would be a good signing based on what he done last few seasons

• Like 8
12 minutes ago, AnglianRed said:

Perfectly illustrates how insane the game has become.

Players no longer satisfied with just earning a good wage...they have to have all manner of bonuses thrown in. Performance bonuses, fair enough (if you do really well, you deserve a bit extra)...but there is often so much extra nonsense.

I mean seriously...a fee just for putting your name to a contract...WTF?

In this example, the transfer fee, wages & agent's fee look reasonable enough, but we've all heard about the grotesquely inflated figures for top players.

The signing on fee and especially the image rights are to do with tax "management".  The image rights example no longer works - see Glasgow Rangers court case.  Image rights are probably relevant for players like Messi and Ronaldo, but how much would Grant Hall make from it for instance...

• Thanks 1
  • Borodane changed the title to The Summer/Autumn transfers thread 2020 (playing the Chuba?)